Recent

Author Topic: Cannot add to the Wiki Lazarus Application Gallery  (Read 8397 times)

PaulFMichell

Cannot add to the Wiki Lazarus Application Gallery
« on: September 02, 2016, 12:45:37 pm »
Hello,

I tried to add an entry to the Lazarus Application Gallery on the WIKI and I can preview my changes but whenever I try to save them I am blocked by the 'Spam protection filter'.  Is there a way around this?  The entry I am trying to make is:

== Grid InQuest II Coordinate Transformer ==
The [https://bitbucket.org/PaulFMichell/gridinquestii/downloads Grid InQuest II] desktop application and command line tools provide a means of transforming coordinates between global geodetic coordinates (ETRS89/WGS84) and the national systems of Great Britain and Ireland.  It provides a fully three-dimensional transformation incorporating the latest geoid model (OSGM15) and the appropriate polynomial transformation model (OSTN15 or OSi/OSNI) for each of the projected coordinate systems.  This was developed in Free Pascal and Lazarus by [http://michellcomputing.co.uk/ Michell Computing].  It was commissioned jointly by the Land and Property Service of Northern Ireland, the Ordnance Survey of the Republic of Ireland and the Ordnance Survey of Great Britain.

[[File:GIQ2.png|640px]]

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
Re: Cannot add to the Wiki Lazarus Application Gallery
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 12:51:23 pm »
Try jpg instead of png
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

PaulFMichell

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 01:14:17 pm »
I don't think it's related to the graphic as I have also tried just adding the header and that gets blocked too!

Thaddy

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 01:18:10 pm »
Ask the moderators here to elevate your rights.I see you still have new member status, which is a bit odd in your case ;) I seem to remember y ou need to have a certain number of valid posts here to edit the wiki.

Can any of the moderators raise Paul's rights? So he can edit the wiki? He makes valuable contributions to our beloved language ;)

Otherwise send it to me (I believe you have my email) and I will add it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 01:21:12 pm by Thaddy »
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

PaulFMichell

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 01:26:44 pm »
@Thaddy Thank you, I'll send you the text.  I'm not sure why I have new member status either!?  I added the Woodland Calculator to the Gallery in 2012 without issue, but I don't post very often so it could be due to recent activity?  Anyway, thanks again.

rvk

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 02:01:17 pm »
I'm not sure why I have new member status either!?
F.Y.I.: Member status here on the forum is by number of posts. Not membership duration.

Until 5 posts you are a "Newbie"
Until 50 posts you are a "New member"

I don't know if it's coupled with the Wiki (which has a different sign-in so I think that would be unlikely).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 02:03:46 pm by rvk »

Thaddy

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 02:24:35 pm »
Paul, I have the same issue. Plz rename and re-upload the screenshot. Then try again.

PaulFMichell

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 02:29:36 pm »
OK, will do.

PaulFMichell

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 02:37:57 pm »
No, I'm afraid that still didn't work:

"Spam protection filter

The text you wanted to save was blocked by the spam filter. This is probably caused by a link to a blacklisted external site."

rvk

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 02:40:07 pm »
You could try adding the entry without links for now (but with an image).
After that you could try adding the URL and see which URL gives you trouble.

Alternatively you could try an URL-shortner to see if that's allowed (although I can imagine these are also forbidden).
https://goo.gl/ for example.

Thaddy

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 02:42:07 pm »
Doesn't work. It fails on the png. I removed all external link references, still doesn't work.

rvk

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2016, 02:45:50 pm »
Doesn't work. It fails on the png. I removed all external link references, still doesn't work.
And if you add it without PNG?

Another possibility is that this page is protected by default.

Instructions
This page contains screenshots and links to screenshots of applications made with Lazarus.
Add suggestions to Talk:Lazarus Application Gallery or put the content in this page sorted alphabetically.

Did you put it in the correct place alphabetically??

Thaddy

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 03:07:03 pm »
Yes.
I can add/edit any subject I want.

PaulFMichell

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 03:11:40 pm »
@rvk Yes, I tried without image and links and I had it alphabetically, in fact I just entered the heading.  It seems to object to any attempt by me to edit the page (and Thaddy too it would seem).

rvk

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2016, 03:15:54 pm »
And by me :) (I can't add anything either.)

There is another possibility.
There could be another blocked link on that page. You can't see it because the error only shows the changes but the blocked link could be anywhere on the page (from another application). It could be that that link is blocked after it was added to the page... making the page completely un-editable.

The only option would be to rebuild the complete page, application by application, until the problem link is found. Or someone with more authority could check if the link is detectable on the current page.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018