Recent

Author Topic: console output in IDE 1.6?  (Read 3130 times)

klausbits

console output in IDE 1.6?
« on: August 31, 2016, 09:34:01 am »
Hi, everyone,

I changed with windows10 from 32bit to 64bit. Also I changed from Lazarus IDE 0.9 to 1.6. But now the console output does not show up. Is there a method to regain the console output?

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
Re: console output in IDE 1.6?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 11:58:55 am »
Add {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} to your project file even if it is a GUI application will give you a Console too.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

Zoran

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zoran
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 12:04:54 pm »
From main menu chose Project->Project options. Then, on the left-side tree, click on Config and Target node (under Compiler Options branch). Then (assuming you are on Windows) you will see a checkbox "Win 32 gui application". If it is not checked, check it and you should get console window opened when you start your application.

klausbits

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 12:22:29 pm »
many thanks, Thaddy, it works!

sorry, Zoran, the Win 32 GUI application checkbox was checked but no console window appeared.

But I am satisfied with one running solution, thanks all!

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 12:33:23 pm »
Zoran probably means to un-check it.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

Zoran

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zoran
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 12:42:16 pm »
If it is not checked, check it and you should get console window opened when you start your application.

What did I say? The opposite, of course! :-[

sorry, Zoran, the Win 32 GUI application checkbox was checked but no console window appeared.

It should be unchecked. ;)

This has the advantage that, for a GUI application, you can uncheck it in one build mode (for debugging purposes) and check it and disable console in other (for distribution).

klausbits

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 01:14:24 pm »
yes, I tried it. With both "Win 32 gui application" and {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} unchecked I got a console window, too - great! I love the forum!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018