Recent

Author Topic: GDB internal error OS X  (Read 4670 times)

DioRich

GDB internal error OS X
« on: August 25, 2016, 07:58:39 am »
Hi please could someone advise me for the past week I have been trawling forums looking for the answer but everything I try does not solve the problem. When I run a program I get the message gdb has encountered an internal error and must stop. If this is a gui app this happens when I stop the app but if it is a command line app it happens before I can run the app. I have installed Xcode command line tools , I have created a certificate for gdb in the keychain, I have installed gdb with brew and I have tried using dwarf settings in the program options. Also tried setting a few things in the debugger options but these don't seem to persist for some reason. Thinking it might be my computer I did.a complete install on a second Mac that I own with exactly the same results. This makes me think it is something silly I am overlooking. Oh I can dbug from the command line no problem. Using gdb. Any help would be great it is driving me mad. Thanks

One thing I have noticed reading another post is that when creating the certificate most post say to create it in the system although one said create it in the login. Some have said you only create it in the login if you can't create it in the system and then move it to system. And then restart computer and code sign gdb from the comand line.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:22:22 am by DioRich »

Jonas Maebe

Re: GDB internal error OS X
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 11:28:37 am »
Hi please could someone advise me for the past week I have been trawling forums looking for the answer but everything I try does not solve the problem. When I run a program I get the message gdb has encountered an internal error and must stop. If this is a gui app this happens when I stop the app but if it is a command line app it happens before I can run the app. I have installed Xcode command line tools , I have created a certificate for gdb in the keychain, I have installed gdb with brew and I have tried using dwarf settings in the program options. Also tried setting a few things in the debugger options but these don't seem to persist for some reason. Thinking it might be my computer I did.a complete install on a second Mac that I own with exactly the same results. This makes me think it is something silly I am overlooking. Oh I can dbug from the command line no problem. Using gdb. Any help would be great it is driving me mad. Thanks
Best follow the steps at http://wiki.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Reporting_Bugs

Since debugging works on the command line, it's a Lazarus-specific issue and unrelated to codesigning.

One thing I have noticed reading another post is that when creating the certificate most post say to create it in the system although one said create it in the login. Some have said you only create it in the login if you can't create it in the system and then move it to system. And then restart computer and code sign gdb from the comand line.
You indeed should only create it in the login keychain if you can't create it in the system keychain. The certificate will only work when/once it is in the system keychain.

DioRich

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 02:04:05 pm »
Hi I have found this link which offers a solution has anyone else used this idea or something similar
http://www.tweaking4all.com/forums/topic/lazarus-macos-x-xcode-4-6-3-gdb-files/

DioRich

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 07:39:30 pm »
Well for anyone having a similar problem the solution as i suspected was quite simple just tick the box that says reset debugger after each run in the main options -> debugger settings it all works fine now. The only thing i did notice was that if i try to run a console app i get no output window unless i select 'none' for the debugger options.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018