Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Trunk cannot setwidgsetsettype; lazarus crashes.  (Read 4039 times)

Josh

Lazarus Trunk cannot setwidgsetsettype; lazarus crashes.
« on: July 27, 2016, 04:51:30 pm »
Hi
I have just tried the lazarus installation using the getlaqzarus script.

When I try to choose the Cocoa Widgetset by changing in program options, as soon as I click the DropDown Widget Set button; lazarus freezes and crashes; I have to force quit lazarus.

Is this a known problem; and if so is there a fix.

Josh
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: Lazarus Trunk cannot setwidgsetsettype; lazarus crashes.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 07:03:48 pm »
Which exact platform are you on: machine, OS, fpc version, Lazarus version... Because you wrote before that your signature  contains old information...

E,g. if you are on Windows there is no point in selecting the Cocoa widget set.

The bug is probably that the getLazarus script allows you to set a widget set on platforms for which that widget set is not supported.
If it involved editting files by hand, it is not a bug but your own error.

I suspect it is not a Lazarus bug but a bug in the getlazarus setup script.
Getlazarus scripts  are third-party open source. Nothing to do with the official distributions.

I'd recommend to use the official distributions, use that as a base and learn to build from source if you need fixes or trunk.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:26:25 pm by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

Josh

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 07:20:52 pm »
Hi
OSX Mavericks, LAZ 1.7 FPC 3.1.1 SVN 51308

It also does not like doing this with LAZ 1.6 on OSX, hense the reason to try 1.7 with fpc 3.1.1

Laz 1.4.4 is ok and I can swap between carbon 32bit and cocoa 64 bit and compile without issue. ( the drop down list box gets populated with many different options) on La 1.7 The Drop down is never shown; just hangs when you click it.

Also it does not like creating an application bundle, when you click this the message dialogue appears but is not focused or clickable. Ok on 1.4.4, 1.6 and 1.7 has this issue. If you have previous or new project this is not a problem, but if you are trying to port your app from another Platform (windows *nix) then you have a problem, unless you have a 1.44 install to create the bundle first with.

The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 07:29:23 pm »
What I can test here is that Laz 1.7 + fpc 3.0 works on my Mac Mini. It fails with trunk. That issue is reported and worked on I believe.
But I pulled some tricks and have private patches for all kind of stuff.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 07:32:40 pm by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

Phil

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 07:31:19 pm »
It also does not like doing this with LAZ 1.6 on OSX, hense the reason to try 1.7 with fpc 3.1.1

Apply this patch and it will work on 1.6:

http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29694

Josh

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 10:12:06 pm »
Hi

I done a fresh install of 1.6 and applied the patch, then I went to tools rebuild lazarus normal ide

and got this error; so I cannot rebuild lazarus.

exit code 512
ideguicmdline.pas (75,16)Fatal:Cannot fine carbonproc used by ideGuiCmdLine. Enable flag "Use Unit" of unit CarbonProc in package LCL.

Line reads
uses MacOSAll, CarbonProc;

Any ideas?

Phil

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 11:01:02 pm »
I assume you installed this from Laz downloads:

lazarus-1.6-i686-macosx.dmg

Also, maybe delete the hidden ~/.lazarus folder to make sure you're starting with a clean install.

Note that ever since it revamped I've found the Tools | Configure kind of tricky on Mac (meaning it seems to do more than what I ask it to do - often failing).

You can also just build from command line: I think it's just make build.

Josh

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 01:16:42 am »
Hi

I removed lazarus with uninstall.sh script, and sccanned for other referneces

This time, when install laz 1.6 and applied patch, I could rebuild through the IDE, so definately going in the right direction.

I have noticed some odd things, with a windows app of mine that on windows runnign very smoothly, but compiling using cocoa or carbon I get a square blob around the mouse, as though it is repainting everything and is very slow in operation.

It also generates errors
CBBitmapContextCreate unsupported Parameter 8 Integer bits
CGContectScaleCTM invalid contect 0x0
CGCOntectGetCTM invalid contect 0x0
NSConcreteNotigyingMutableAttributedString addAttribute:value:range::nil value

nsfontinstance xxxxxxxx is over-released

My app use BGRABItmap and BGRACOntrols extensively, not sure if this is where the problem is; as will have to test with standard LCL controls.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018