Recent

Author Topic: Having countless issues w/ ncurses.o on Linux x86_64  (Read 3232 times)

lswiski

Having countless issues w/ ncurses.o on Linux x86_64
« on: July 16, 2016, 05:10:36 pm »
I have been working on compiling a program for going on 4 days right now and really do not know where to turn. I am especially surprised that fpc when compiling (since its unit packages are linked to C based shared objects and it uses ld to link!) but, for some reason ignores auto_tools/ld environment variables.   

My issue right now is w/ ncurses.  ncurses.o in fpc 2.4.2 wants ncurses but, does not like tinfo linked into it yet, expects tinfo functionality.  So you end up w/ a chicken and the egg type of deal.  I can compile ncurses --with-termcap (removing libtinfo.so from being linked into ncurses) but then I get compliants for undefined references.  Or I can put tinfo in ncurses and get DSO errors as it refuses to call ld with -ltinfo.;

This leads me to be very confused to how link.res is even created. It is dynamically created while building my project, and the only thing i can come up w/ is when objects are built it throws those in so when the main binary is created those are linked into it, and then looks at the unit packages that are referenced from the compiler and finds what is linked to them ?

If anyone would give a shot at compiling this or could help me work through this, I would be very appreciative..

FPC 2.4.2
Linux (Debian) x86_64

Thank you in advance / best regards,

-luka

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Re: Having countless issues w/ ncurses.o on Linux x86_64
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 10:23:39 pm »
It is synthesized by $linklib statements in modules that are used. The -XL* parameters have some ways to manipulate this list.

Try  adding -XLAtinfo= to the compiler options.

(or OPT="-XLAtinfo="  if you are using FPC supplied makefiles)

P.s. 2.4.2 is very, very old.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018