Recent

Author Topic: When I run my program in Lazarus the assembler window always opens..  (Read 2737 times)

Dasun

Hit F9 to run my program and the assembler window opens - and starts stepping through the assembly code into the FreePascal source files - which is annoying but educational.

Program was working without the assembler window opening ever .. then it started opening every time I ran the program.  I commented out all new source code and problem still occurs.

Any way to stop the assembler window from opening? - personally I would just prefer a segv and line number where the code crashed.

As always appreciate any help

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
Re: When I run my program in Lazarus the assembler window always opens..
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 08:27:07 pm »
May be you changed the configuration. Look at Tools > Preferences... > Editor > Keyboard shortcuts.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 09:06:44 pm »
Is all your code compiled with debug info?

If an error happens in the LCL or any other package (either due to a bug there, or due to wrong calling args) is there debug info?

What does the stack window show?

What does the "Debug Output" window show?
(open it BEFORE you run your app, then copy all after the asm gets open)

Dasun

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 12:51:06 pm »
Apologies for the delayed reply - been focussing on my groupbox issue.  Nuno got it - I must have been fiddling !!! Appreciate all your help ....

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 12:52:59 pm »
Apologies for the delayed reply - been focussing on my groupbox issue.  Nuno got it - I must have been fiddling !!! Appreciate all your help ....
You wellcome. :)
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

TinyPortal © 2005-2018