Recent

Author Topic: User's Liked/Bookmarked page  (Read 17498 times)

shobits1

User's Liked/Bookmarked page
« on: July 01, 2016, 03:48:32 pm »
When ever I stumble up on any interesting thread in this forum, I have two choices to keep the tab of that thread open forever or to bookmark it and forget it,, and seeing the state of my bookmarks (horribly crowded) I almost always chooses the former choice...

So here is my suggestion,, could we please have a Liked/Saved/Bookmark(whatever you name it) page for each user with the Show  recent, unread, replies .... pages.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 03:50:16 pm by shobits1 »

shobits1

Re: User's Liked/Bookmarked page
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 01:13:36 am »
I did some searching for SMF mods which implements bookmark/like feature and found those two :
Bookmarks : http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=864
Like Posts: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3708

I especially likes the Bookmarks mod.

Admin could you please integrate it to the forum; other members what do you say.

shobits1

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 09:47:57 pm »
So no one interested  :o  :'( :'(

Zath

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 01:05:26 am »
Yes, I would find it very useful to somehow bookmark threads within the forum for reference.

rvk

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 09:34:28 am »
Yes, it would be useful.

<offtopic>But there are a lot of other useful things to add too, like mobile-view and/or tapatalk support.</offtopic>

shobits1

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 06:09:39 pm »
Zath, rvk thanks for the respond;
I'm really happy that you liked this feature suggestion... now lets hope the admin would be graceful and integrate the mod to the forum asap.

rvk, I don't thinks mobile-view or tapatalk is possible at the moment (didn't find any mod on SMF site) because of:
The forum is not developed by the lazarus team itself, but by SMF (with some visual modifications by me)
Any new functionality has to be implemented by SMF. 

If there exists a SMS mod or a config option that I missed, please let me know

rvk

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 06:30:21 pm »
I don't thinks mobile-view or tapatalk is possible at the moment (didn't find any mod on SMF site) because of:
The forum is not developed by the lazarus team itself, but by SMF (with some visual modifications by me)
Any new functionality has to be implemented by SMF. 

If there exists a SMS mod or a config option that I missed, please let me know
Well, that was in 2012 :) At this moment the first hit I can find with SMF Tapatalk is this:
https://tapatalk.com/download_SimpleMachines.php
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=496894.0
https://support.tapatalk.com/forums/smf-discussion.55/

So that could also be put on the wishlist :)

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 11:08:52 pm »
I'll have a look at the bookmarks mod. Looks usefull.
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

shobits1

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 12:23:59 am »
I'll have a look at the bookmarks mod. Looks usefull.
Thank you  :D

Well, that was in 2012 :) At this moment the first hit I can find with SMF Tapatalk is this:
https://tapatalk.com/download_SimpleMachines.php
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=496894.0
https://support.tapatalk.com/forums/smf-discussion.55/

So that could also be put on the wishlist :)
:-[ I merely used SMF seach for tapatalk and it returned nothing.

anyway looks interesting, But is the free plan enough, or should we buy subscription.

rvk

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 12:42:23 am »
anyway looks interesting, But is the free plan enough, or should we buy subscription.
I'm not sure. I always thought the plugin was free and they got revenue from the user (I'm a vip user, paid a long time ago). But they've added a lot since the last two years (and you can't pay for vip anymore = no advertising in the app). I don't think the forum needs a byo (build your own branded app) so the free plugin looks sufficient (users can use the standard tapatalk app from the app/play store). I'm also not sure how the tapatalk plugin entangles itself in the forum pages (I've always been at the user-side). And users posting with the free app have a signature at the bottom (which can't be deleted in the free version). But there are multiple smf forums on there. And it would be an improvement over the wap2 interface :) So the subscription would only be necessary if you want to control advertising and a special own app (like xda-developers) etc. (I think).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 12:44:08 am by rvk »

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 11:35:05 am »
I need to check what tapatalk modifies on the server. The free version will do I guess.
This one takes more time.
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}

rvk

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 12:43:44 pm »
This one takes more time.
Understandable, we wouldn't want a plugin to mess up the whole forum :)

B.T.W. If tapatalk doesn't seem to be an option... SMF has been working on making the forum-software more responsive. The upcoming SMF 2.1 already is more responsive and, as such, is "mobile-friendly". For SMF 2.0.x they have an update Responsive Curve for SMF 2.0.x. So that could be an option too. Also... there are lots of mobile-themes efforts for SMF.

"Responsive Curve" mod package released (on: April 20, 2015, 06:38:08 AM)
Over the last few weeks a big "buzz" has been spreading in SMF's forum and throughout the internet about a new "mobility-friendliness" check that Google has put in place. Based on the preliminary reports that Google has sent to some webmasters, many SMF forum owners were notified that their site is not "mobile-friendly".
Although we do not necessarily agree with this new policy, we recognize our users' desire and need to be "compliant", so we have worked out something which may help. While, Curve2 (the new default theme for the upcoming SMF 2.1) is already responsive and, as such, is "mobile-friendly", for SMF 2.0 that was not the case. The default theme for 2.0.x (Curve) is already four years old and, as such, it is not responsive, and would take a great deal of effort to make it into something fully responsive (and, in the process, would likely break many mods.)

So, in order to tackle this problem in the most efficient manner, giving admins the ability to meet some of Google's requirement while maintaining a compatibility with legacy templates and mods, we have released a MODification package which will bring some "responsiveness" to Curve. This will allow your 2.0.x forum not only to be accepted by Google's "friendliness test", but also to have a better display in mobile devices. This mod can be applied, as with any other mod, through the Package Manager in your forum's Admin section.

However, if you plan on using this, you should be aware of some potential issues and limitations:
  • This MOD adds basic responsiveness to Curve. The theme does not become "fully responsive".
  • Existing MODs which perform significant template changes might display poorly.
  • Existing Themes (especially Curve's variations) might be affected by these changes.
  • This MAY not affect MANY custom themes that use their own templates which use different coding from the Curve designs. Such themes will need to have the changes parsed, tweaked and/or manually applied within their framework(s).
For these reasons, the changes performed in this mod will NOT be merged in the official 2.0.x series releases, but will be released, and supported, as an official mod.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=535720.msg3806229#msg3806229

But for that there would also be some rigorous testing needed because it could also break some themes based on Curve. (not sure what this forum runs as theme). Or we'll have to wait for SMF 2.1 :)

Mobile Friendliness test this forum

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 03:08:47 pm »
Bookmarks are installed
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 03:11:06 pm »
B.T.W. If tapatalk doesn't seem to be an option... SMF has been working on making the forum-software more responsive. The upcoming SMF 2.1 already is more responsive and, as such, is "mobile-friendly". For SMF 2.0.x they have an update Responsive Curve for SMF 2.0.x. So that could be an option too. Also... there are lots of mobile-themes efforts for SMF.

I made some changes to the default theme so that the forum header became smaller. I need to check the impact of this curve mod
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}

rvk

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 04:44:24 pm »
Bookmarks are installed
Not yet activated ??

I made some changes to the default theme so that the forum header became smaller. I need to check the impact of this curve mod
I've tested the SMF 2.1 beta on mobile. That one is much (much, much) more mobile-friendly (on mobiles). So let's hope that one comes out of beta soon (and that Tinyportal also follows soon with a 2.1 ready version).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:49:11 pm by rvk »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018