Recent

Author Topic: Subtitle Workshop  (Read 11014 times)

Espectr0

Subtitle Workshop
« on: June 30, 2016, 05:01:40 pm »
Hola,

The new Subtitle Workshop project is Open Source and now throughout the community we can improve and compile it for Linux and MacOS!

https://github.com/URUWorks/Subtitle-Workshop

Thanks!

Phil

Re: Subtitle Workshop
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 05:05:15 pm »
What _is_ a "subtitle editing tool"? Could you please explain what this does for those of us who have never heard that term?

Thanks.

-Phil

Espectr0

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 05:13:36 pm »
What _is_ a "subtitle editing tool"? Could you please explain what this does for those of us who have never heard that term?

Thanks.

-Phil

Subtitle Workshop is the most complete, efficient and convenient freeware subtitle editing tool.
It supports all the subtitle formats you need and has all the features you would want from a subtitle editing program.
Subtitle Workshop makes subtitle creating/editing/converting tasks almost a pleasure, the amicable and intuitive interface mixes easy to access menus & must have features with advanced functions and a remarkable speed and stability, drastically reducing subtitle editing time.
It includes spell check function and an advanced video preview feature which will ease the task even more.

The best choice for the beginner, expert or the fansubber. Have a try, and you'll forget the rest!

http://uruworks.net

esvignolo

• Using FPC in Windows, Linux, Macos
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 06:56:35 pm »
Espectr0 This is great news, is a very practical and useful for those working with the subtitles for video tool.
It is excellent news that is open source, made with FPC and multi platform.  :D :D :D
OSx version of this on their website, is made with FPC?, I can see that i386 is a binary, but allows to full screen to the main form, such as applications made for cocoa.

Aparently build with Delphi XEx...

$ strings SWXE | grep emba
www.embarcadero.com
itembackground
:MacOS Esteban$
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:03:01 pm by esvignolo »

Espectr0

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 07:18:51 pm »
Espectr0 This is great news, is a very practical and useful for those working with the subtitles for video tool.
It is excellent news that is open source, made with FPC and multi platform.  :D :D :D
OSx version of this on their website, is made with FPC?, I can see that i386 is a binary, but allows to full screen to the main form, such as applications made for cocoa.

Aparently build with Delphi XEx...

Yes, this new version is written in Lazarus/FPC and the idea is to compile on Linux and MacOS too (Im a Windows user).
The version of the website is XE, prior to this new one and was programmed in Delphi Seattle, as they have ready versions for these platforms will update the official website.

I hope that together we can improve Subtitle Workshop and meet the needs of all users regardless OS they use.

Espectr0

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 02:41:54 pm »
I need someone can help me and compile Subtitle Workshop in Linux and Mac  :-[

valdir.marcos

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 06:53:45 pm »

Subtitles are derived from either a transcript or screenplay of the dialog or commentary in films, television programs, video games, and the like, usually displayed at the bottom of the screen, but can also be at the top of the screen if there is already text at the bottom of the screen. They can either be a form of written translation of a dialog in a foreign language, or a written rendering of the dialog in the same language, with or without added information to help viewers who are deaf or hard of hearing to follow the dialog, or people who cannot understand the spoken dialogue or who have accent recognition problems.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtitle_(captioning)

Contribute subtitles & closed captions
Some channels let you contribute subtitles and closed captions to their videos. They're viewable on the video by clicking on the [CC] icon in the player. Approved content is owned by the video owner, but you can get credit for your contributions on the video.
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6054623?hl=en

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search
http://www.tvsubtitles.net/

See attached images.

valdir.marcos

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 07:00:29 pm »
Sorry, I forgot to attach the other common examples.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 08:26:42 pm »
I need someone can help me and compile Subtitle Workshop in Linux and Mac  :-[

Where is the source for PasLibVcl? This page only has binaries:
 http://prog.olsztyn.pl/paslibvlc/

Lazarus supports dotted package names somehow but may still have problems installing them.
I will look at that in near future.
Codetools do not support dotted package names yet properly.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

molly

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 08:57:16 pm »
Where is the source for PasLibVcl? This page only has binaries:
 http://prog.olsztyn.pl/paslibvlc/
Scroll a little down  (actually a lot) until reaching the change-log. There is reads version 2.2.7. The link contains both exe and source for all supported compilers.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 11:16:12 pm »
Scroll a little down  (actually a lot) until reaching the change-log. There is reads version 2.2.7. The link contains both exe and source for all supported compilers.

Ok, thanks. Strange they don't have it under revision control now. Apparently SourceForge had it but now it only says the project was moved.
Anyway, I can compile the package but not install because of dotted unit names. Can others confirm this problem?

Yes, this new version is written in Lazarus/FPC and the idea is to compile on Linux and MacOS too (Im a Windows user).

Espectr0, how were you able to install the packages and compile your application under Windows?
In my understanding the dotted unit name support of Lazarus is not perfect yet and such packages cannot be installed. It should be fixed ASAP of course.
Anyway, I am curious.

Espectr0

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 11:45:09 pm »
In Windows 10 I use last Lazarus Ide and compile all without problems... which error have you JhuaManninen?

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 01:07:34 am »
In Windows 10 I use last Lazarus Ide and compile all without problems... which error have you JhuaManninen?
Sorry, my config was somehow screwed after I first tried to install without the dependencies.
Now I actually could install all packages with dotted unit names. Good, this feature in Lazarus works at least!

UWSystem.Utils, UWSubtitles.OCR etc. from Lib/ directory are not found. They should be part of the UWLazarus package. Another way is to add Lib/ to project's search path but that is wrong. In Delphi library code is found through search paths but in Lazarus they come through packages.
How were you able to compile the project without neither of those?

I attached a patch to fix PascalScript unit names in uses section. It is needed in case-sensitive file systems.

Otherwise it works but you have useless buildmodes for each target OS. All settings work with a single buildmode when you set targets to Default. The binary output dir can be differentiated with TargetOS macro if you must.
However you should make Debug and Release buildmodes. They can be made with a single button.

One more thing: it is good to use an external .lps file for session, but take it away from revision control (Git).
The idea of a session is to be local. Other users should not get your editor file history or bookmarks.

Congratulations: Your application compiles and runs on Linux with minimal changes. There is a high chance it runs on Mac OS/X, too.
You can easily use Linux with a virtual machine yourself and test your app.

Espectr0

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 06:59:46 pm »
@JuhaManninen: Thanks!
Can you compile in ubuntu and upload or send to me?
I too new in linux :S

Also, if possible you can check if the SW's hunspell implementation work in ubuntu?

kapibara

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 07:57:44 am »
Under Debian Linux, PasLibVlc installed and was functional.

The UWLazarus package resisted and didn't find units. I cheated and added the path to UWLazarus after which it compiled and installed.

Next, on compiling the Subtitle Workshop project I got the message: Fatal: Cannot find system used by UWLazarus of package UWLazarus. See pic.

How do I proceed?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:07:48 am by kapibara »
Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.2.2 / Kubuntu 22.04 - 64 bit

TinyPortal © 2005-2018