Recent

Author Topic: Can't find unit Crt  (Read 33147 times)

molly

Re: Can't find unit Crt
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 04:55:56 am »
Well, the really sad part there, is that you should not (have to) do that.

The unitpath "C:\FPC\3.0.0\units\$FPCTARGET\*" (notice the asterisk) searches your C:\FPC\3.0.0\units\i386-win32\ folder (when compiling for that target) and it automatically searches the subdirectories of that folder for you.

For me that one line is enough to be able to compile a projects that includes unit crt, ergo there must be something wrong with your setup/configuration.

Also note that you are able to 'export' the message list (saving it into a file) using the right mouse button (there are probably keyboard short-cuts as well but, i do not know them from memory).

Note that i did not made the remark in red in one of my previous post just for fun. When you have multiple FPC versions installed this automatically reverting to use the users appdata directory without telling the user is f*cking things up considerably.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
Re: Can't find unit Crt
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 10:03:43 am »
Note that I noted another issue that can cause this on linux:
If the fpc 2.6.4 is installed from a distribution the installer will create two symlinks in /usr/local/bin
If you built your 3.x.x. from source with make clean install you will have to update those symlinks yourself to point to the new compiler binaries.
But that still doesn't explain why the fp ide can't find crt.

In any case the most important symlink for a default make clean all install is:
e.g. sudo ln -sf /usr/local/lib/fpc/3.0.0/ppcarm /usr/local/bin/ppcarm

I think that needs to be changed, because fpc is installed in /usr/local/bin and picks up the wrong ppc (i.e. the old symlink for 2.6.4)
Specialize a type, not a var.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018