Recent

Author Topic: Can't compile FPC3.1.1 (interfacertti branche r33643) using fpclazup  (Read 4450 times)

shobits1

It seems I can't compile the FPC 3.1.1(r33643) in the latest commit to the interfacertti branche... I'm using the latest version of fpcLazUP and always receive this error:
Code: [Select]
Start compiling package rtl-objpas for target i386-win32.
       Compiling rtl-objpas\BuildUnit_rtl_objpas.pp
       Compiling .\rtl-objpas\src\inc\strutils.pp
       Compiling .\rtl-objpas\src\inc\widestrutils.pp
       Compiling .\rtl-objpas\src\win\varutils.pp
       Compiling .\rtl-objpas\src\inc\convutils.pp
       Compiling .\rtl-objpas\src\inc\dateutils.pp
       Compiling .\rtl-objpas\src\inc\stdconvs.pp
       Compiling .\rtl-objpas\src\inc\variants.pp
The installer encountered the following error:
Compilation of "BuildUnit_rtl_objpas.pp" failed
make[2]: *** [smart] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `C:/development/lazarus_RTTI.BRANCH/fpc/3.1.1/packages'
make[1]: *** [packages_smart] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/development/lazarus_RTTI.BRANCH/fpc/3.1.1'
make: *** [build-stamp.i386-win32] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `C:/development/lazarus_RTTI.BRANCH/fpc/3.1.1'

fpclazup: info: FPC: Running fpc make all install failed with exit code 2
Details:
fpclazup: ERROR: Error running BuildModuleCustom for module FPC
fpclazup: info: Error running fpcup. Technical details: error executing sequence fpc; line: 5, param: FPC
fpclazup: info: Error running fpcup. Technical details: error executing sequence Default; line: 3, param: fpc
Fpclazup failed.

anyone can confirm this  :-\

PS: the FPC and Lazarus trunk compile just fine.

shobits1

so no help here??  :'(

or maybe it's not the right place to ask in??!!!

molly

Hi shobits1,

You are asking about a specific branch. Usually branches are a work in progress. Only the person (or persons) working on it know the answers to. It might be perfectly ok for a branch to not work, because maintainer(s) currently don't have time to continue, or ran into an issue that has to be faced first (sometimes even waiting for another branch/trunk to move forward first).

If you are interested in the development of the branch, it might be more productive to contact the author(s) directly. The fact that you did not receive a response yet does indicate that either the developer(s) are not reading these forums and/or that they are aware of the current issues.

shobits1

Thank you molly for the clarification.

I didn't know how works done on branches and though at least the fpc3.0, trunk and interfacertti were actively maintained and any fatal error were fixed rapidly, that's why I asked here and was about to file a bug report; but now (thanks to you) I'll hold on.

DonAlfredo

@shobits
I will report the problem to the right person.

molly

@shobits1

Issues regarding latest stable release and trunk are usually reported at bugtracker and are fixed asap.

Branches are a special breed. Some branches are as dead as a horse (bled to death, integrated into trunk or otherwise) while others are updated on par with trunk development.

The idea behind a branch is to have the room to play around without 'hurting' trunk development. It allows for a developer to do things in his/her own time schedule and to experiment or implement a proof of concept. All without other developers/users breathing down branch maintainer(s) neck(s) ;-)

The only way to know for sure if things are intended or not, is to be in direct contact with one of the developers of that specific branch. Most developers don't read these forums but, instead discuss things on the mailinglist while others only respond to direct contact (in that regards it is just like any other (open source) project ;-) ).

Bug reports on a specific branch might perfectly be ok to do but, i personally don't expect it to be appreciated to list those bug reports into the bugtracker (i might be off there. Better contact branch developer to know for sure).

shobits1

Thank you DonAlfredo.
Thank you molly.

I have better picture now;).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018