Recent

Author Topic: Project load error: tracefile available?  (Read 2854 times)

aducom

• http://www.aducom.com
Project load error: tracefile available?
« on: May 02, 2016, 12:06:23 pm »
I moved my working project to another lazarus instance on another machine. Now if I load the project Lazarus appears to hang until windows gives up due to a resource problem. It looks like lazarus is looping somehow, and most likely because of one of the used components. Is there a logfile somewhere I can use to investigate my issue?

molly

Re: Project load error: tracefile available?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 01:09:34 pm »
I don't know if you already solved this issue or not but usually there shouldn't be a problem loading projects on another machine.

When you say "move" did you meant that literally ?

Because in that case, you might want to try the publish option on your original machine, and move the results from that  over to your other lazarus.

There is always the possibility that the lazarus you are moving your projects to does not have the required components installed but in that case i usually get lazarus to display an error message telling me that and if i want to remove the (invalid) declaration(s) or ignore (them).

Either way, you would at least know what component is causing the issue as streaming errors should be displayed/presented.

I am not aware of any logfile, unless lazarus itself is compiled with debugging.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018