Recent

Author Topic: LazPaint features request, ideas, wishes  (Read 26119 times)

c-sanchez

LazPaint features request, ideas, wishes
« on: April 16, 2016, 03:02:18 am »
Hi guys!
Could do that when save a selection lazpaint be saved together with its points of selection?
It would be nice to be able to modify it using these points, even if it is loaded again.
http://s6.postimg.org/ek2090wtt/lazpaint_selection_dots.png
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:54:25 am by c-sanchez »

circular

• Personal webpage
Re: LazPaint, Save selection dots with "Save selection"
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 08:41:11 pm »
Hi!

I understand. It is an interesting suggestion. Currently vectorial information of shapes is not saved. LazPaint may be able to save vectors in the future, and so thanks for mentioning selection, that indeed could be saved in some vectorial file format.

Regards
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

c-sanchez

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 05:06:51 pm »
Thank you very much for your reply circular, i'm waiting with much encouragement :D

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 10:43:17 pm »
Thanks  :)

staratel20

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 08:37:28 am »
circular: Don't want to create a new topic for my two little wishes. Be very nice to add wheel scrolling in the OpenDialog form. Also be good(if it no conflicts with another functions) to pan image by holding mouse mid-button.

P/s: also want to add, that is bad that program is looking for updates by default. If internet connection is slow(like in my case) - program start takes much more time that it can take without this. I think that the instantly start of LazPaint - the main benefit of this app. Thanks for the app.
Windows 7 SP1 x64, FPC 3.0.0, Lazarus from trunk: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk

CountIdentity, ModeClassName - good property naming
IdentityCount,  ClassNameMode  - bad property naming

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 08:51:42 pm »
Don't want to create a new topic for my two little wishes. Be very nice to add wheel scrolling in the OpenDialog form. Also be good(if it no conflicts with another functions) to pan image by holding mouse mid-button.
Good idea.

P/s: also want to add, that is bad that program is looking for updates by default. If internet connection is slow(like in my case) - program start takes much more time that it can take without this. I think that the instantly start of LazPaint - the main benefit of this app. Thanks for the app.
The internet query is threaded so that it does not slow the starting of the app. I disagree that it is bad to check for updates. However I understand you may prefer that it would not check. I can add an option to turn off updates.

staratel20

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 10:20:06 pm »
circular:
(1) happy you like it :).
(2) maybe it's in thread(I'm not sharp analyze code, just comment it), and in theory fast, but in fact it really slow. Have 4x2.16 HGz, 4GB RAM. Without commenting - approx 5sec to load, with commenting - near 1 sec. Maybe internet component works bad.
Windows 7 SP1 x64, FPC 3.0.0, Lazarus from trunk: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 11:35:48 pm »
(2) That's surprising. The thing is that I don't want to loose the connection with people that use the software so that they can have updates of language files and that they will be notified of updates. I understand that in your case it is significantly slow. I don't want to ignore either.

Maybe the program could check for updates only once a month. That would be sufficient.

c-sanchez

Re: LazPaint features request, ideas, wishes
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 03:00:04 am »
Don't want to create a new topic for my two little wishes.
Hehe I agree, so I changed the title of the topic  :)

Be very nice to add wheel scrolling in the OpenDialog form. Also be good(if it no conflicts with another functions) to pan image by holding mouse mid-button.
Justly I had observed that detail also, but I had forgotten to comment.
Yeah, It would be very nice this feature :)

staratel20

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 08:12:45 pm »
c-sanchez: new title looks nice :). I'm only afraid a little, that here will be drooped from very simple to very difficult(from developer point view) ideas.

circular: I spent a couple minutes in thinking: which way will not annoying user(include me). As result I think the better solution is:
1) verify updates one time in week
2) verifying is start not on program start, but on program exit. Once in a week when user click on Close/Exit appears enough big window(centered on screen) with enough big bolded button - "Cancel update". Above this button next label.caption: "Program is looking for updates". Below this button Radio group with three RadioButton:
1)verify in next week [default]
2)verify in next month
3)don't check updates automatically, I'll check manually

Don't show this idea to Microsoft or Google : ).

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 03:57:56 pm »
c-sanchez: new title looks nice :). I'm only afraid a little, that here will be drooped from very simple to very difficult(from developer point view) ideas.
It's ok, anyway I sort ideas whether they are feasible, easy to do or not, etc.

circular: I spent a couple minutes in thinking: which way will not annoying user(include me). As result I think the better solution is:
1) verify updates one time in week
2) verifying is start not on program start, but on program exit. Once in a week when user click on Close/Exit appears enough big window(centered on screen) with enough big bolded button - "Cancel update". Above this button next label.caption: "Program is looking for updates". Below this button Radio group with three RadioButton:
1)verify in next week [default]
2)verify in next month
3)don't check updates automatically, I'll check manually

Don't show this idea to Microsoft or Google : ).
That's interesting. I don't plan to do updates more than once a month, so following the principle of simplicity, rather not ask and look every month. Looking for updates when program exits is possible indeed. Showing a dialog bog when it looks for updates, why not, but it generally goes very fast, so users would not have time to see what's happening. I think that before going that way, it is worth investigating if it is possible to avoid that 5 seconds pause. For now, the reception of the HTTP GET is in a thread, but maybe the problem is that the initialization of the connection is not threaded. So maybe it would be possible to avoid that pause by putting everything in a thread, including the initialization of the connection.

staratel20

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 10:41:56 pm »
...everything in a thread, including the initialization of the connection.
think it will helpful.

Looking for updates when program exits is possible indeed.
of cause it is a question more to psychology then to programming. When user start program(and he know that the program starts fast) - often he want to do something "right now", and then - the rest(updating, program questions, etc.).

Also I think that zooming is to fast(scale delta is too big). IMO default zoom speed with wheel must be as in photoshop, and when user press Ctrl+Wheel - zoom speed must be as now.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 03:59:19 pm »
Yes, regarding the zoom speed I have already received the same suggestion.

staratel20

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 08:40:25 pm »
The core of problem - in formulas. If I'm sparked with it - I'll drop it right there : )

c-sanchez

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 04:45:17 am »
I think I commented some of these characteristics to circular by email on some moment.
But i guess is good show it here  :)

*Also of show the cursor position, show the size of selection, of a rectangular selection of course :)

*Some option to make a selection with custom fixed ratio (width, height).

Both features you can see on Phoxo.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018