Recent

Author Topic: IDE - Build Errors window  (Read 6284 times)

mars

IDE - Build Errors window
« on: April 08, 2016, 11:46:12 pm »
Under version 1.4.0 with fpc 2.6.4 (Win32), I developed programs in directories with long names and accented letters (e.g .: C:\Raízes de Funções). Under version 1.6.0 with fpc 3.0.0, this is no longer possible, when using the compiler messages window.

In the message window, are listed Errors, Warnings and Hints, and clicking the line of the message, to find the line of the program, appears the information: File "C:\RaÝzes de Funþ§es\Unit1.pas was not found."

Example.

In the message window the directory is correctly displayed C:\Raízes de Funções\Unit1.pas (620,46) Hint: Local variable "CellRow" does not seem to be initialized.

When I select the line with the message, appears the information: File "C:\RaÝzes de Funþ§es\Unit1.pas" not found.

Accented letters are displayed incorrectly and I don't know where change the setting for this works properly as in previous version.

Thank in advance.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: IDE - Build Errors window
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 11:53:11 pm »
Does the project compile and run OK?
The problem comes only when clicking a hint/warning in messages window?
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

mars

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 12:03:06 am »
Yes, compiles and runs correctly.

The message window displays errors, warnings and hints correctly.

The problem is just not access the program line by clicking the message line, because to find the line, some of Lazarus routine uses another letter code and can not find the directory and, therefore, does not find the file present and visible in the code editor.

mars

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 02:51:21 am »
Does anyone knows where is the source code of the IDE Messages Window?

I think the error (or mistake) is in this program. Something like code page or switch between UTF and ANSI.

I would like to see the program and try a solution, even if it seems Klingon language to me. :-)

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 12:28:49 pm »
Does anyone knows where is the source code of the IDE Messages Window?

The relevant code is in etMessageFrame, etMessageWnd and IDEExternToolIntf (class TMessageLine).
TMainIDE.DoJumpToCompilerMessage (unit Main) is a call-back method and a good place to debug.

I think the error (or mistake) is in this program. Something like code page or switch between UTF and ANSI.

I think so, too. I don't have Windows now and on Linux everything works.
I debugged a little but did not spot the potentially quilty conversion. It happens before TMainIDE.DoJumpToCompilerMessage.
You can debug the IDE by opening lazarus.lpi and pressing F9. The IDE must be compiled with debug info obviously.
It should work on Windows, too, although people have reported problems with GDB there. Good luck!

I would like to see the program and try a solution, even if it seems Klingon language to me. :-)

It is Object Pascal, not Klingon. Easy and fun. :)
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

mattias

• Administrator
    • http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 01:19:33 pm »
It works here.
What FPC version was used to compile the IDE?
See View / IDE Internals / About IDE.

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 04:20:06 pm »
Interesting, I cannot even compile a project in non-ASCII folder. I get this error in the message window:
Error: Can't create object file: {path-to-project}\lib\i386-win32\Default\fpttfencodings.o (error code: 3)

Please note that {path-to-project} is wrong (some non-ASCII characters are lost):
řeříchäß => reríchäß

Lazarus trunk, FPC trunk
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 04:22:41 pm by ondrejpokorny »

Mike.Cornflake

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 03:05:25 pm »
Has anyone raised anything in Mantis over this?  I've had a look, but not seeing anything obvious, or at least, not anything new...
Lazarus Trunk/FPC Trunk on Windows [7, 10]
  Have you tried searching this forum or the wiki?:   http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Alternative_Main_Page
  BOOKS! (Free and otherwise): http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Pascal_and_Lazarus_Books_and_Magazines

mars

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 07:51:20 am »
I'm seen just now the answers for which I thank and if I get a solution, I will inform.

[JuhaManninen]
I'll try to use debug.
Thank you.

[Mattias]
The informations are:
Lazarus version: 1.6
Lazarus svn revision: 51630
Lazarus build date: 2016/02/14
Lazarus was compiled for i386-win32
Lazarus was compiled with fpc 3.0.0

[Ondrejpokorny]
I use Windows Brazilian-Portuguese and in the previous version (Lazarus 1.4.0 with fpc 2.6.4 (Win32) I always used names with accented letters and everything worked properly.

mars

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 06:13:00 am »
It would be interesting that the authors of the program module in question had given a solution.
Whereas no solution to the above problem, I give up.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 10:35:43 am »
I cannot reproduce :(

Try to debug the IDE. Just open Lazarus.pp as a project and hit F9. Be sure that you build Lazarus with debug info before you run&debug it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018