Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus and Ubuntu Touch  (Read 16143 times)

kris

Re: Lazarus and Ubuntu Touch
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 04:55:15 pm »
but what seems to work is calling virtual keyboard inside Button2.OnClick event: Unix.fpSystem('florence &');
but that requires installing florence on the phone first: apt-get install florence

jma_sp

• El conocimiento si ocupa lugar.
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 06:21:25 pm »
Thanks kris, a lot of things to do.

By the way i have installed fpc but with errors so i have been to run dpkg ..... to correct this.

Now fp load but generated a rte 217 ..

Is to risk because i havent a tablet, with the phone i can not make experiments because is a potential font of problems including updates (actually ubuntu 15.04 (OTA-13).

And as i have not bluetooth keyboard or mouse.....

I will read slowly all your post because there is a lot of steps...

An interesting thing may be some like lazandroid but integrating ubuntu sdk with lazarus/fpc but i do not have enough knowledge for it.

Saludos.
Devuan Beowulf 3.0( JWM/ROX/iDesk) - Puppy Linux,  Haiku OS,.ReactOS 0.4.xx  - FreeDos .

kris

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 04:07:15 am »
jma_sp: you are right that if you apt-get install things, after OTA update they might be gone, but if you want to be sure, keep your data and software under your home folder. This is also why you want to intall your apps under your home, and keep your .desktop launchers under ~/.local/share/applications instead of /usr/share/applications.

Also, if you create a container, you create it under your home, so it remains and also it does not use up your firmware partition space.
I am committed to finally make a neat documentation this Sunday, so be on the lookout. I will definitely share links here.

kris

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 09:47:42 am »
Today I finally got to documenting Free Pascal development for Ubuntu Phone. The first article is about writing console mode applications. Next one will cover GUI development with Lazarus. I am very excited as I also managed to solve the problem with OSK (on-screen keyboard) inside a GTK app running directly on the phone (not via Libertine). Stay tuned.

today's first article available here:
https://kriscode.blogspot.tw/2016/09/freepascal-development-for-ubuntu-phone.html

kris

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 09:58:13 am »
my newest blog post on Lazarus development for Ubuntu Phone
(...)
Now the absolute mind-blowing part: what is the default, standard, encouraged and promoted way to make apps for Ubuntu Phone? well, it is the Ubuntu SDK off course. Have you seen it maybe? Perhaps tried? well, I have. And let me tell you this about it:

1. IDE is nowhere as good as Lazarus IDE
2. You can't run it (the IDE) ON your Ubuntu Phone
3. Once you've written an app, you can't also compile it for Windows, MacOS and bunch of other operating systems just like that
4. PERIOD.

So that is why Free Pascal and that is why Lazarus. Write once, compile everywhere. Enjoy!
(...)
http://kriscode.blogspot.tw/2016/10/lazarus-development-for-ubuntu-phone.html

xinyiman

• Lazarus and Free Pascal italian community
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2018, 08:50:26 am »
Hi guys, I read that ubuntu touch is being carried out by the ubports project and since I bought an aquarius b10 fhd to be able to program it with lazarus, I wondered if things were the same two years ago on the lazarus / ubuntu touch front. Do you have any news about it?
Win10, Ubuntu and Mac
Lazarus: 2.1.0
FPC: 3.3.1

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2018, 09:08:11 am »
Specialize a type, not a var.

xinyiman

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2018, 09:14:57 am »
The Ubuntu Touch project is no longer managed by canonical but is carried out by ubports.

https://ubports.com/
Win10, Ubuntu and Mac

kris

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2018, 09:38:45 am »
nie znalazlem nikogo innego oprocz mnie kto by jakos mocniej chcial popychac temat FPC/Lazarus na tej platformie.
Jak chcesz mniej wiedziec co i jak to poczytaj na kriscode.blogspot.com, jestem w trakcie pisania instalatora GUI dla Lazarusa z dedykowanymi komponentami, ktore sie automaycznie skaluja do faktycznego dpi ekranu na UT. Instalator dziala natywnie na kazdym linuksie, intelowskim czy ARM, w tym na UT. Ale poki co recznie mozna odpalac srodowisko na telefonie.

xinyiman

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2018, 09:49:47 am »
Hi kris, look at me very interested in lazarus on ubuntu touch. You're not the only one. When do you think your installer will be ready?
Win10, Ubuntu and Mac

kris

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2018, 09:54:29 am »
I think only next month, because I am just moving and need to unpack all my workshop into the new house.

xinyiman

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2018, 10:18:57 am »
OK perfect. I can wait. Meanwhile, I do other tests with my ubuntu tablet. Do you write it in private or on this thread when it is available? So I'm sure I'm informed. Thanks so much
Win10, Ubuntu and Mac

kris

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2018, 10:45:49 am »
no better place to get update on this than on my blog at kriscode.blogspot.com
But you can also subscribe to notifications on my Sourceforge project page for that installer:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazfpc4atu/
It is all open source and i will be publishing there.
This project is taking off where a previous one ended, but I think it may actually be usable (the old one), so here you go: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus-for-raspi-and-ut/

xinyiman

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2018, 09:08:12 am »
I download from secondo link. Run  with  sudo  but install  dipendency only. Why ?
Win10, Ubuntu and Mac

kris

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2018, 02:58:39 pm »
please read the description carefully. You use sudo to install dependencies, and to run you use it without sudo.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018