Forum > Linux

Lazarus and Ubuntu Touch

(1/7) > >>

jma_sp:
Hello,

Recently I have been handling a device with Ubuntu Touch and me the question arises from if some initiative exists to optimize Lazarus for this environment.

Regards.

kris:
Lazarus does not really need to be "optimized" for Ubuntu touch. What would be a great deal is to add qt support to lazarus in exact the version that matches the ubuntu touch QT libraries. I may be wrong on this, but I think Ubuntu Touch uses QT 5 or above.

Now, that said, you can already apt-get install fpc and use it directly inside ubuntu touch, and if you would also like lazarus, you can install it as well inside libertine container. I am currently using Lazarus on my Ubuntu touch inside libertine container. I have previously used it in my custom debootstrap container (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j__WaGH4aig), but installing it inside libertine has extra advantage of actually being able to run lazarus on the screen of the phone.

jma_sp:
Thanks kris,

I havent tried to install Lazarus in my device because is a mobile BQ Aquaris E5 HD Ubuntu Edition now with OS:  Ubuntu 15.04 (OTA12) and the screen is not enough to develop with Lazarus.

The installed QT version is 5 (libqt5core5a).

I have never used libertine, i have to try.

Also i have not installed Lazarus under Ubuntu Touch. I think i have to set volume in R/W previously. I think is not recommended do a apt-get udpate because not complete applications in repo.  Is Lazarus in it?.

Other option is crosscompilation but is difficult to me. I have only compiled for x86 under Win and debian Linux.

Having Linux directly is best than Android for me.

Saludos y gracias por responder.

kris:
actually, you do not install (you can't acutally) lazarus directly into your ubuntu touch. You create a chroot container (aka jail) inside it, somewhere under your home folder, so it can use your available disk space. Then you install fpc and lazarus in the chroot environment.
You can run any distro u want inside the container, I use ubuntu 14.04.
If you do want, however, you can directly install fpc inside ubuntu phone, directly:
$ sudo mount -o remount,rw /
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install fpc
$ sudo mount -o remoutn,ro /

after that you have a working fpc but not lazarus in the phone system.
Now, having lazarus inside container is actually great as long as you also have linux desktop. You simply ssh into your phone, with X forwarding enabled, then while in, you chroot into your container, and then you can run any x applications inside your phone, but onto your desktop monitor. So you run lazarus inside the phone, but it is redirected into your desktop screen, and you use desktop's mouse and keyboard.
When you finish, compile, and ready, you just copy the program from your container into the libertine. Why? Because libertine has a dedicated scope for ubuntu phone, called XApps, and what it does is, it shows all your apps inside libertine on your ohone as icons, and runs them for you, inside your phone screen, even though they are x apps, not qt. It internally uses xmir and some other things, but it works great. Since not a long ago, it even supports onscreen keyboard, so you can type with ubuntu phone's OSK into the x applications.

kris:
attached few screenshots from my Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition. As you can see i am running fpc natively.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version