Recent

Author Topic: why a sample app is not working  (Read 4581 times)

tintinux

• Gestinux
why a sample app is not working
« on: March 17, 2016, 08:16:44 am »
Hi

I continue here after the thread started in Widgetset/CustomDrawn, since these components were removed.  You will find a sample posted by DelphiFreak, who says it works in his Android 5 emulator.

After installing the apk (either with adb or with a mere copy), on a real tablet Android 5, when I run I get the message : the application has stopped (this is my translation of the french message).

2 questions :

1)
I have looked at logcat, either from the tablet, or from a computer with adb logcat, but I don't see anything related to this application or error message. This doesn't mean that there is nothing, but that I'm unable to find it. There are too many messages, without timestamp and without a reference to any application name.
Is there some way to discover the cause of the error, that is to make a relation between the error message and one or more lines in the log ? Is there something else to activate or better filters to use ?

2) I have opened the .apk created by LazToApk (and actually by Laz4Android). It is an archive containing a file AndroidManifest.xml which is not only ill-formed, but contains many unreadable binary characters. Is this normal for a xml file ??? How can I read it's content ? For information, it contains also 2 icon files which are shown OK, so the entire archive is not corrupted.

Thanks for help

Tintinux

Initiator of gestinux, open-source, multi-database and multilingual accounting and billing software made with LAZARUS.

You can help to develop, to make and improve translations, and to provide examples of legal charts and reports from more countries.

DonAlfredo

Re: why a sample app is not working
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 09:24:58 am »
From looking at your log, the problem is here:

JNI DETECTED ERROR IN APPLICATION: native code passing in reference to invalid stack indirect reference table or invalid reference
in call to SetObjectField
from int com.pascal.project1.LCLActivity.LCLDrawToBitmap(int, int, android.graphics.Bitmap)

What to do about it, is the next question !?

tintinux

• Gestinux
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 09:55:14 am »
Thanks, we are moving forward...

The question about what to do next remains open, but meanwhile I would be interested to know exactly how you found the message !

Regards

Tintinux
Initiator of gestinux, open-source, multi-database and multilingual accounting and billing software made with LAZARUS.

You can help to develop, to make and improve translations, and to provide examples of legal charts and reports from more countries.

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 10:04:15 am »
The "JNI DETECTED ERROR" message can be found on adb-log file provided by DelphiFreak on the previous thread, line no. 4439.

tintinux

• Gestinux
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 10:22:50 am »
Handoko,

Delphi freak provided a log for a crashing version containing CustomDrawn components.

This thread and my question is related to another apk without CustomDrawn and the previous log should not help.

Delphi freak has uploaded the sources without CD and I have also uploaded the apk compiled by me.

Regards,

CC

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 12:06:24 am »
I am having the same problem with  laztoapk_v0_9_0_38.
Is there a solution for this?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018