Recent

Author Topic: Has anybody tried using PascalGUI app on Android?  (Read 4019 times)

kveroneau

Has anybody tried using PascalGUI app on Android?
« on: February 13, 2016, 02:35:31 am »
I recently did a search in the Play Store, and stumbled upon this app called PascalGUI.  I searched the forums here for it, but there is no article really dedicated to it.

Has anybody bought this item from the Play Store and played with it on their Android device?  Is this person able to really charge a fee for it in the Play Store, or does it violate the GPL?

What does this tool allow one to creafe on Android?  It mentioned that it can export actual APKs, which sounds reather awesome.  Can other units be easily compiled on this platform?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n0n3m4.droidpascal&hl=en
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:37:32 am by kveroneau »

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Has anybody tried using PascalGUI app on Android?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 09:46:06 am »
Has anybody bought this item from the Play Store and played with it on their Android device?
I'm one of the buyer
Is this person able to really charge a fee for it in the Play Store, or does it violate the GPL?
Yep, he's allowed to, he didn't modify the source but instead create a wrapper over the compiler unit. Everything else is compiled and shipped as is.
What does this tool allow one to creafe on Android?
An installable APK, or you can directly run from the IDE while debugging.
It mentioned that it can export actual APKs, which sounds reather awesome.  Can other units be easily compiled on this platform?
Unfortunately, no. You need to compile units from outside the app (from PC is possible) then put them in /sdcard/Android/data/com.n0n3m4.droidpascal/files/fpcunits. The IDE is only capable of compiling program (not sure about library) because it will move and rename your file into temporary directory before doing actual compilation.

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
Re: Has anybody tried using PascalGUI app on Android?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 11:49:29 am »
Yes he is allowed to ask a fee for his work. He did not change the compiler code.
And it is by all means a modest fee.
And yes, it is very useful for little sketches, f.e. to quickly test small examples for this forum.

I use the compiler as a cgi on my server now (as per what Jon did (L505)), but, yes it is very useful, but limited, as is the cgi solution btw.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 11:51:02 am by Thaddy »
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018