Recent

Author Topic: Form-positions - Two issues  (Read 4149 times)

HatForCat

Form-positions - Two issues
« on: February 12, 2016, 04:40:30 pm »
Issue 1:
When using Lazarus on my windows Laptop at the desk, I have a 1920x1080 monitor plugged in and when away from the desk,  the 1366 x 768 native display on the laptop.

When I save something at the desk, using the 1920x1080 and then work on it later on the laptop the Lazarus panels (Object inspector, editor etc) are all mushed around on the screen.

Is there some way to have Lazarus look at the display basic sizes and NOT shuffle stuff? No, I cannot afford a new 1920x1080 laptop :)

Issue 2:
When I create a new Project it all opens up with the screen layout that I have set and like for Object inspector etc. All good. But the new main Form for the project opens in the position **it** wants to. Is there an option to set that new Form position?

I have searched the Options and online, but it is tough to find a good search term to drill down on the problem, so here I am, asking here. :)
Acer-i5, 2.6GHz, 6GB, 500GB-SSD, Mint-19.3, Cinnamon Desktop, Lazarus 2.0.6, SQLite3

howardpc

Re: Form-positions - Two issues
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 07:04:07 pm »
When I create a new Project it all opens up with the screen layout that I have set and like for Object inspector etc. All good. But the new main Form for the project opens in the position **it** wants to. Is there an option to set that new Form position?

A new form has to appear at some default position. You can change it easily enough via the Left, Top and/or Position properties.
To change the default position at which a newly created form is shown you would have to set up a project template, I think.

balazsszekely

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 07:14:18 pm »
Issue1:
When using Lazarus on my windows Laptop at the desk, I have a 1920x1080 monitor plugged in and when away from the desk,  the 1366 x 768 native display on the laptop.
When I save something at the desk, using the 1920x1080 and then work on it later on the laptop the Lazarus panels (Object inspector, editor etc) are all mushed around on the screen.
Is there some way to have Lazarus look at the display basic sizes and NOT shuffle stuff? No, I cannot afford a new 1920x1080 laptop :)
Save two separate desktops for each monitor(Lazarus Menu-->Tools-->Desktops). Export them to file. Load the appropriate one according to your device.

HatForCat

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 07:38:41 pm »
@howardpc:
Thanks, I'll look at the Templates.

@GetMem:
Thanks,I have exported the 1080 and when I next use Lazarus on the laptop I'll shuffle and export for it.

Is there any way to activate a specific Desktop? As in, starting Lazarus from a Batch file or adding parameters to a windows shortcut?

Just been searching for "Lazarus command line" and "Lazarus parameters" but keep getting stuff on using Parameters within a program.
Acer-i5, 2.6GHz, 6GB, 500GB-SSD, Mint-19.3, Cinnamon Desktop, Lazarus 2.0.6, SQLite3

balazsszekely

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 07:51:50 pm »
@HatForCat
Is there any way to activate a specific Desktop? As in, starting Lazarus from a Batch file or adding parameters to a windows shortcut?
You don't need batch file for this, just two clicks for open "Desktop Manger"(see screenshot):

HatForCat

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 05:51:43 pm »
You don't need batch file for this, just two clicks for open "Desktop Manger"

OK, thanks for taking the time with the screen shot.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018