Recent

Author Topic: Authentication systems / Security protocols  (Read 2283 times)

vicot

Authentication systems / Security protocols
« on: February 06, 2016, 12:46:08 am »
Hello wonderful FPC/Lazarus community, you rock! -- lots and lots of useful info on the forum! Very friendly and helpful people! One of the best programming forums on the net. Keep it up!

Now, coming to my question:

has anyone on this forum any experience with authentication systems or, more in general, with designing security protocols? I am particularly interested in how to hand-code a system, rather than using a prepackaged protocol or a standard library. My purpose is to learn as much as I can on the topic and grok the inner mechanisms.
Just reading the documentation of existing libraries is not much useful, because all you learn is how to use their APIs.

At this stage my approach is not result-oriented, but learning-oriented. I want to experiment with building some proof-of-concept system of my own, and learn how things work by trial and error.

Does any user here have learning material (and possibly some FreePascal/Delphi code) about this topic?

Any recommendation of authentication / security-centered teaching books/tutorials that explain well the basic concepts and guidelines? Something that can be practically useful for building your own security system.
If such learning material also had on FreePascal/Delphi code samples, it would be great.

Cheers and thanks to everyone!

--vicot
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:18:09 pm by vicot »

jack616

Re: Authentication systems / Security protocols
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 11:13:34 am »
What sort of security are you asking about?

vicot

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 04:08:01 pm »
I am interested mostly in login authentication systems. You know, procedures and authentication protocols.

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 04:32:52 pm »
I am interested mostly in login authentication systems. You know, procedures and authentication protocols.

Well, we know... but... there are so many and so many are valid for some many different things... If I wrote up everything I knew about that subject, you would give or take and depending on the country you are based in a University degree. If you are alright with maths that is... and hm understand some physics as well. [edit] Oh I forgot social behavior[/edit]

But the basic principles are very well written out in Wikipedia. So let's go over and have a look there:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authentication

Now, have a look there, ask again,
and probably I can provide you with some FPC code to demonstrate :)  >:D O:-)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:36:47 pm by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018