Recent

Author Topic: Free Pascal and Lazarus learning center  (Read 2371 times)

sysrpl

• Get Lazarus
Free Pascal and Lazarus learning center
« on: January 29, 2016, 01:28:35 am »
This is just a heads up to anyone interested. As you know a few months ago I created a new documentation site at http://docs.getlazarus.org that improves the help system for Free Pascal and Lazarus.

Continuing along the same vein I've started work on a new series of Free Pascal and Lazarus pages which I have named Lazarus learning center:

http://www.getlazarus.org/learn/

Currently these pages hold minimal stubs for study guides, but I anticipate adding a lot of content to them over the next few weeks. What I'd like from you is to feedback about concerning which new topics you'd like covered or feedback on articles I have or will be posting.

Anyone can add their requests, critiques, or corrections on the site by using the "Edit this page" link at the top of every page. My back end editor page shows me all the pending "diffs" which I can easily integrate into any page.

Thanks.

Chronos

• PascalClassLibrary
Re: Free Pascal and Lazarus learning center
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 03:29:21 pm »
Hmmm Learning center .... I just think back about good Delphi offline help which was just enough to be able to move forward in our personal knowledge and programming experiences. There were also various examples there. Today it is nearly impossible to start with Lazarus/FPC without online help, mainly google or freepascal wiki. So it would be really good to have good help which would also contain all learning stuff like at time of Delphi 5,6,7. But that would be huge amount of work. So maybe in distant future.

avra

• Additional info
Re: Free Pascal and Lazarus learning center
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 06:29:52 pm »
I really like the incremental search  :D
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

TinyPortal © 2005-2018