Recent

Author Topic: pasting value from one cell to other cells in sheet (in spready)  (Read 5046 times)

tatamata

• ZMSQL - SQL enhanced in-memory database
Hi,

How (in spready) a formula can be pasted from one cell to another cells, for example to all cells of a column?

Thanks

wp

Re: pasting value from one cell to other cells in sheet (in spready)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 01:23:16 pm »
At the moment you can't, sorry. Copy/paste together with multiselection offers so many possibilities that I moved to something else and forgot about it... I'll put it on my list at least for simple cases, like one source cell into a destination selection of any shape, duplicate source selection if destination selection is a single cell only.

tatamata

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 09:13:55 pm »
At the moment you can't, sorry. Copy/paste together with multiselection offers so many possibilities that I moved to something else and forgot about it... I'll put it on my list at least for simple cases, like one source cell into a destination selection of any shape, duplicate source selection if destination selection is a single cell only.
Thank you, I'm looking forward! This will greatly improve usability of the spready program.

wp

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 12:44:10 pm »
An extended version of copy&paste is now available. There are two possibilities: In the first one, the source range can consist of several blocks, the destination shape is a single cell --> the source is copied such that its upper left corner is at the destination cell. In the second one, the source range must be a single block, the destination can be several blocks --> the source is tiled into the destination blocks.

Quote from: tatmata
How (in spready) a formula can be pasted from one cell to another cells, for example to all cells of a column?
Select the source cell, press CTRL+C. Select the range of destination cells: click at first cell, SHIFT-click at last cell (or drag, you can also CTRL-click for non-contiguous cells) (sorry, you cannot click at the column header to select all cells in the column, yet), press CTRL+V.

Another limitation: Since fpspreadsheet supports only within-sheet references it is not possible to copy a formula to another sheet such that the references point to the source sheet, the pasted formula will always refer to cells in the destination sheet. If you're only interested in values and formats, no problem to copy to another sheet, even to another application.

A comment on spready: It's nowhere documented as such, but I consider spready as deprecated and will remove it soon. Most of its functionality has been moved to "examples\visual\fpsctrl\demo_ctrls" to show the new visual controls in action (it will maybe renamed back to "spready"...).

tatamata

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 11:53:11 pm »
Hi, I tried it in the most recent Lab revision of CodeTyphon and it works good. Thanks!

nyehu

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 09:08:59 pm »
"Since fpspreadsheet supports only within-sheet references"
So there is no hope? What can I do, if I want to refere to another sheet in my formula?
For example: ='Another_sheet'!A1

wp

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 09:15:20 pm »
"Since fpspreadsheet supports only within-sheet references"
So there is no hope? What can I do, if I want to refere to another sheet in my formula?
For example: ='Another_sheet'!A1
No hope? Never give up...

But here you need some patience, for sure. Adding this feature will be a LOT of work, and my priority is on other things at the moment. But, of course, if somebody writes a patch I'd be happy to look at it.

nyehu

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 11:54:48 am »
(Sorry about not to open a new topic)
Despite of this documentation : http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPSpreadsheet
I can not find TsWorkSheet.PageLayout.SetRepeatedRows procedure. Please, confirm if is it obsolete now?

wp

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 12:47:24 pm »
PageLayout is available only in the trunk version of fpspreadsheet (or in the version accessible via online-package-manager which is an older snapshot of trunk). The documentation file is always related to the trunk version.

If you don't want to use trunk please wait for a few days. Currently I am preparing a new stable release.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018