Forum > Designer

Lazarus's missing Delphi features

(1/7) > >>

x2nie:
I found a few missing feature that Delphi already has, and Lazarus didn't has yet.
It's about to reduce clicks, because that missing delphi features can be reached by more additional clicks on Lazarus.

1. Forwarding keyboards key from form-designer into Object Inspector.
    (done in 24jan16, rev 51398 issue #29488)
    in delphi, when a form-designer is activated, you can just typing  by keyboard,
    and those keys-pressed will be written to Object Inspector.
    So no need to activate OI to edit property.

2. Double click on any linked-object combobox on Object Inspector will switch the value into next item.
   (done 26jan 2016 issue #0029503)
    I can't do this in Lazarus. What I can do is click dropdown to show the list, read whether the value is on
    there, and click in correct line/value of that dropdownlist.
    Correction: For combobox with property's type of enumeration, boolean or set, it works.
    Only for linked item it doesn't work. For example: "Images" and "HotImages" property of TToolbar.

3. Code explorer doesn't helps enough to jump to procedure implementation.
    There should available in lazarus: an easy way rather than clicks several time, by such adding
     new keystroke: Ctrl+Click / Atl+Shift+Click(?) to jump to method implementation,
     instead of only can jump to interface/declaration.

4.  Object Inspector should able to remember the last selected property (for next selected control).
     OI should select "Text" property in the end of any below activities:
     a) Drop a TEdit in form, change the Text property, drop a TButton, select again the TEdit
     b) Drop a TEdit in form, change the Text property, drop a TEdit (done thanks GetMem)
     (lazarus: none property is selected, it should be "Text" property is selected.)

Well, okay, 4 time click is done in 4 seconds. But repeating that will distracts user (me).
IMHO it would be better if we can reduce known obstacle to increase productivity.

I am ready to implement above features, if I have a clue to do.
Thanks!

x2nie:
Help!
How to send a key (keyboard / char) to other form in Lazarus?

howardpc:
You need the LazMouseAndKeyInput package (which is included in the standard Lazarus installation).
There is an example of usage at
lazarus/components/mouseandkeyinput/example
which types "hello" into an edit control (as well as demonstrating programmed mouse movement and selection).

balazsszekely:
@x2nie

3. As a temporary solution, you should record a key combination with the macro recorder:  http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,30790.msg196255.html#msg196255
2. It's working at my side, at least partially(Win7/Laz trunk/FPC 3.0.0). Sometimes I can change the values sometimes not.
1. This one is interesting, indeed a missing feature. As I saw your post, I felt an overwhelming desire to implement it.  So here it is(attachment):
You can find two files(designer.pp and main.pp). Please copy to $(LazarusDir)/Designer and  $(LazarusDir)/IDE, replace the original ones(or if you like apply the DesignerToObjectInspector.patch), then rebuild Lazarus. Please note, this will work with the current SVN version(r51377) and perhaps with the next few ones.

PS: If needed I can create a more polished version and add it to the bug tracker.

balazsszekely:
@x2nie

In the meantime 1. is already implemented in the trunk(r. 51398). @Ondrej was kind enough to commit it + helped with a few good ideas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version