Recent

Author Topic: News from ExtPascal  (Read 22264 times)

bee

Re: News from ExtPascal
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 05:32:15 pm »
I've been writing web apps since 2007 using Pascal. Most of my clients don't like web apps that behave like a desktop apps, so ExtJS-like UI is not an option for me. Not to mention the potential problem with ExtJS' license. Even if I used some of ExtJS components, I used them in page flowing layout instead of fixed size layout. Well, it's me, your mile may vary of course. :)

I'll be interested to join if you would also accomodating Bootstrap and Framework7 (for mobile web app). Today web apps must be able to work on mobile browsers and support multiple screen size or responsive design.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:55:59 pm by bee »
-Bee-

A long time pascal lover.

xinyiman

• Lazarus and Free Pascal italian community
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 05:40:33 pm »
It would be nice , but for what I think there are already other components such as brook and Hadari web components . It would be like reinventing the wheel.
Win10, Ubuntu and Mac
Lazarus: 2.1.0
FPC: 3.3.1

bee

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 05:50:30 pm »
Habari is a commercial product. AFAIR, Brook is for the back-end, not the front side UI. You may use any JS libraries with Brook, including (but not limited to) ExtJS, Bootstrap, and Framework7. You could even use AngularJS too. ExtPascal's biggest advantage is its ability to work with ExtJS as the front side UI using pascal code, by wrapping ExtJS components into pascal classes.

But, AFAIK, noone has ever created pascal wrapper for Bootstrap or Framework7 UI components. This could be both a chance and challange for any pascal programmers who is interested in making mobile-friendly web apps.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:03:01 pm by bee »
-Bee-

xinyiman

• Lazarus and Free Pascal italian community
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 08:38:08 am »
Good job Don Alfredo.
Win10, Ubuntu and Mac
Lazarus: 2.1.0
FPC: 3.3.1

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 02:24:10 pm »
I am busy with adapting the OpenUI5 framework to function together with a mORMot REST server.
Impressive news !!!  ;)
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

Fpasqueto

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017, 11:49:06 pm »
I am interested in collaborating with ExtPascal.

Robert Gilland

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2017, 02:02:06 am »
I also am interesdted in collabarating with ExtPascal, there is nothing like it. a Pascal UI Web development structure. Elevate is for web apps. I need something more for classic web developments, which uses pascal, and reduces amount of any other knowledge

Phil

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 02:13:55 am »
I also am interesdted in collabarating with ExtPascal, there is nothing like it. a Pascal UI Web development structure. Elevate is for web apps. I need something more for classic web developments, which uses pascal, and reduces amount of any other knowledge

You do realize ExtPascal has been defunct for years now, right?

Here's another approach:

https://macpgmr.github.io/MacXPlatform/WebAppOverview.html

Robert Gilland

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 02:21:15 am »
Thanks for that, I looked at what you have propose, I feel a more Drag and Drop, Delphi Form creation of a web site, like what ExtPascal does, is what I am looking for, don't waqnt to be writing Javascript or html, I can if I must, But the most straight forward approach seems to be the ExtPascal way. Intraweb also looks good, but it doesnt work in lazarus

Phil

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 02:29:21 am »
Thanks for that, I looked at what you have propose, I feel a more Drag and Drop, Delphi Form creation of a web site, like what ExtPascal does, is what I am looking for, don't waqnt to be writing Javascript or html, I can if I must, But the most straight forward approach seems to be the ExtPascal way. Intraweb also looks good, but it doesnt work in lazarus

I'm actually the one who wrote the Lazarus design controls for ExtPascal. But the problem with that approach is that you end up with a Web app that looks and, worse, behaves, more like a desktop app than a proper Web app. In particular, it does not fit mobile devices very well, either in how the Web app looks or in how it works. The approach I describe above works better for mobile. To quote:

'Somewhat paradoxically, this kind of "non-visual" UI design often results in a better overall look, since it allows the controls to position and resize themselves "naturally", flowing and filling in the available space on whatever mobile or desktop browser is used to run the app.'

Robert Gilland

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 02:40:24 am »
So are you saying there is no way of creating a web site successfully, using mostly pure pascal code? Your solution looks a lot more complicated and foreign to me, then I had hoped. I want pascal code that generates html code, that can be ported to javascript. I think ExtJS does that.

Phil

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 02:42:24 am »
So are you saying there is no way of creating a web site successfully, using mostly pure pascal code? Your solution looks a lot more complicated and foreign to me, then I had hoped. I want pascal code that generates html code, that can be ported to javascript. I think ExtJS does that.

ExtJS is a JS framework. Has nothing to do with Pascal.

Here's a job description I came across recently. This is how modern Web apps are done and the technologies that are used:

https://jobs.lever.co/descarteslabs.com/bb0622bf-c158-4ddd-8161-c5aefef187ac

bee

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2017, 05:59:06 am »

Pascal is a language. Web is a platform. HTML is a document format. Javascript is web browser scripting language. ExtJS is a javascript UI framework. ExtPascal is a pascal framework to work with ExtJS. You mess the whole things up. :)
-Bee-

matthius

• Creating VRAD...
    • LIBERLOG - Développement rapide
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2018, 04:03:06 pm »
Can somebody share Ext JS 3.2.1 ?
The link is broken.

I want to Extend my framework :
https://bitbucket.org/matthieugiroux/
M. GIROUX