Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 1.6 - 2nd Release Candidate  (Read 86578 times)

guest58172

Re: Lazarus 1.6 - 2nd Release Candidate
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2016, 10:19:11 pm »
This?
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=18538
Actually it's very close:

https://vimeo.com/152515956

Looks very similar to what Lazarus had but was fixed in r51097, r51098 and r51099.
Can you check what revision caused your regression?
Why is it not possible to reproduce in a simple example project? Did you make workarounds in your code?

Ok this time it's sure:

- 51097 was still OK.
- 51099 introduced a  problem, a huge height jump.
- 51184 partially fixed the huge problem but remains a little height jump, like in the video.
- no changes from this revision to now (still the same little jump on realign)

My usage of anchordocking should be ok:

docking initialization:
https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/blob/master/src/ce_main.pas#L859

save/load docking between sessions:
https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/blob/master/src/ce_main.pas#L972
https://github.com/BBasile/Coedit/blob/master/src/ce_main.pas#L1021

There's no real workarounds, I've already tried to disable the stuff I've made to avoid other bugs and the problem was still there (however I've well noted that Laz itself is not affected, when the design package is setup).

I cannot really open a Mantis ticket since I still cannot reproduce the issue in a simple example, so far it only happens in Coedit.

jma_sp

• El conocimiento si ocupa lugar.
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2016, 11:39:15 am »
Hello,

I have installed Lazarus (clean installation) in Spanish and the result is OK.

Under Windows XP Pro 32 bits:

Versión: 1.6RC2   SVN: 5124 i386-win32-win32/win64

Under Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bits.

lazarus-1.6RC2-fpc3.0.0-win32.exe

Versión: 1.6RC2   SVN: 5124     i386-win32-win32/win64

lazarus-1.6RC2-fpc3.0.0-win64.exe

Versión: 1.6RC2   SVN: 5124  x86-64-Win64-Win32/Win64

La instalación limpia se realiza correctamente con lo cual el error de la RC1 que tenía para la instalación en español está corregido. No he probado en Vista ni Windows 8.x ni 10 pero probablemente también se instale correctamente. Cuando tenga un rato libre lo instalaré bajo Debian 8.2 32 bits  a ver que tal va.

Saludos y muchas gracias.

Regards.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:52:45 am by jma_sp »
Devuan Beowulf 3.0( JWM/ROX/iDesk) - Puppy Linux,  Haiku OS,.ReactOS 0.4.xx  - FreeDos .

arneolav

• ElTranslador
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2016, 11:52:00 am »
Google say:
The clean installation is successful so that the error that had RC1 for installation in Spanish is corrected. I have not tried it on Vista or Windows 8.x or 10, but probably install properly. When you I have a free moment I will install on Debian 8.2 32-bit to see how it goes.

Greetings and thank you very much
Win XP, Win7, Win 10, Win 11, win64 , Lazarus 3.0RC1
Delphi/DevExpress

jma_sp

• El conocimiento si ocupa lugar.
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2016, 11:58:57 am »
Thank you arneolav for the translation. It´s OK. :)
Devuan Beowulf 3.0( JWM/ROX/iDesk) - Puppy Linux,  Haiku OS,.ReactOS 0.4.xx  - FreeDos .

arneolav

• ElTranslador
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2016, 01:29:24 pm »
De nada...
Win XP, Win7, Win 10, Win 11, win64 , Lazarus 3.0RC1
Delphi/DevExpress

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2016, 01:59:19 pm »
There's no real workarounds

Try to call TAnchorDockMaster.ResetSplitters after your layout and form has been initialized (the docking site has the correct height at last).

Please report to mantis even if you cannot reproduce it with another project.

jovalca

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2016, 07:14:12 pm »
Hi all.

I have a problem in Mac OS 10.11.2. When I compile and run my application and after test it, I close the application but the form not appear again with the IDE.

Anyone have this problem?

Thanks.

Alguien

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2016, 01:04:45 am »
Hi!

I've noticed that "Source->Refactor->Unused units..." is not working properly. It opens up the unused units dialog but unused units do not appear.

System:
Windows 10 64 bit
Lazarus 1.6RC2 32 bit (from sourceforge)

Lazarus 1.4.4 32 bit does not have this problem on the same system.

Also, something I've noticed recently is that JCF (pressing CTRL+D to automatically indent code) does not work correctly when a generic class is present in the code.
Inserting something as the following (even a complete class definition) causes JCF to fail in both 1.4.4 and 1.6 versions of Lazarus.
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. TThing = class(specialize TFPGList<integer>);

I've attached a capture of JCF failing.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2016, 01:27:18 am »
I've noticed that "Source->Refactor->Unused units..." is not working properly. It opens up the unused units dialog but unused units do not appear.

Damn, you are right! When did that break? I will bisect for the guilty revision tomorrow.
[Edit] Reported:
  http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29486

Also, something I've noticed recently is that JCF (pressing CTRL+D to automatically indent code) does not work correctly when a generic class is present in the code.
Inserting something as the following (even a complete class definition) causes JCF to fail in both 1.4.4 and 1.6 versions of Lazarus.
  1. TThing = class(specialize TFPGList<integer>);

It works with basic generic syntax. See:
  http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=16128
Your usage is weird. Remove the "class" in front of specialize and it might work.
More patches for JCF's generics support are welcome. It is not actively maintained.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:11:09 am by JuhaManninen »
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Windsurfer

• Windsurfer
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2016, 01:00:04 pm »
I just noticed that in 1.4.4 that when selecting a font in the Object Inspector it does not offer 'default' in the either the list or the dialog. It is very minor, because 'default' can be typed into the Font|Name editbox, but might confuse beginners who can't find a way back.

I do not have 1.6 RC2, so could someone check this.

Alguien

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2016, 09:05:07 pm »

Damn, you are right! When did that break? I will bisect for the guilty revision tomorrow.
[Edit] Reported:
  http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29486

Thanks for the report!

It works with basic generic syntax. See:
  http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=16128
Your usage is weird. Remove the "class" in front of specialize and it might work.
More patches for JCF's generics support are welcome. It is not actively maintained.

Thanks for the tip!
I've used that generics sintax since I saw it in a sample demo. The sintax you suggest is "the good one" (my bad for not reading the wiki), more readable, more intuitive and also works with JCF :)

I just noticed that in 1.4.4 that when selecting a font in the Object Inspector it does not offer 'default' in the either the list or the dialog. It is very minor, because 'default' can be typed into the Font|Name editbox, but might confuse beginners who can't find a way back.

I do not have 1.6 RC2, so could someone check this.

It does not appear in 1.6RC2 either.

VTwin

• Former Turbo Pascal 3 user
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2016, 07:19:45 pm »
@Josh

I just installed Lazarus 1.6RC, FPC 3.0 on Mac OS X 10.8.5 and successfully compiled and ran a large (10,000s line) program with no problems. I did not notice IDE issues, but have done limited testing yet.

I then tried rebuilding Lazarus by attempting to install a package, and also using Tools > Configure "Bulid Lazarus", but could not succeed.

1. Build IDE: Exit code 512, Errors: 1, Warnings 1

VTwin
“Talk is cheap. Show me the code.” -Linus Torvalds

Free Pascal Compiler 3.2.2
macOS 12.1: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit Cocoa M1)
Ubuntu 18.04.3: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit on VBox)
Windows 7 Pro SP1: Lazarus 2.2.6 (64 bit on VBox)

RayoGlauco

• Beers: 1567
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2016, 03:30:58 pm »
Hello,

I am using Lazarus 1.6 RC2 64 bits on Linux Mint. I found this issue: in Lazarus 1.4.4 this code worked fine:

procedure TForm1.DateFieldKeyPress(Sender:TObject; var Key:char);
begin
  if (key >=#32) and not (key in ['0'..'9']) then key:=#47;  // turn key into a '/'
end;

But in Lazarus 1.6 RC2, that code has no effect. Debugger shows that the key value is changed, but the field (a TEdit) do not receive this change (if I type a '-' key, the field shows a '-' character, even if debugger says that the key value was changed to '/').

However, in Lazarus 1.6 RC2, the following code does work: (the key value is changed to #0 and the key is ignored, as expected).

procedure TForm1.IntegerFieldKeyPress(Sender:TObject; var Key:char);
begin
  if (key >=#32) and not (key in ['0'..'9']) then key:=#0;  // ignore key
end;   

Regards,
RayoGlauco
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:21:41 pm by RayoGlauco »
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.

dtoman

« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2016, 10:24:04 am »
HI,

tried to install the 1.6RC2 on  Scientific LInux 6.6 and the RPM seems to be corrupted:

Running Transaction
  Installing : lazarus-1.6RC2-0.i686                                                                       1/1
Error unpacking rpm package lazarus-1.6RC2-0.i686
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/lazarus/components/turbopower_ipro/units/i386-linux/gtk2/iphtml.o;56ab2822: cpio: read

I tried to look into RPM on another machine with the same result (Midnight Commander was not able to look into cpio).
The MD5 hash of the RPM is correct. The rest of the RPM (fpc etc) was installed without problems.

I installed and compiled Lazarus from sources. It works But I am not able to debug my program. The Options says that the path to debugger is correct but the first line (debugger type) is set to [none] and there is no other available option. An older version of Lazarus worked fine in the system (it is a cloned VM of another VM where the older Lazarus works fine).

Thanks

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2016, 11:11:59 am »
I am using Lazarus 1.6 RC2 64 bits on Linux Mint. I found this issue: in Lazarus 1.4.4 this code worked fine:

procedure TForm1.DateFieldKeyPress(Sender:TObject; var Key:char);
begin
  if (key >=#32) and not (key in ['0'..'9']) then key:=#47;  // turn key into a '/'
end;

But in Lazarus 1.6 RC2, that code has no effect...

It may be related to some valid change DateFields. If you have time you could bisect with trunk to find the revision that caused it.
In any case you should write also to Lazarus mailing list. The people may read it more than this forum.
A bug report with an example program is OK, too.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018