Recent

Author Topic: Xmas Gift for everyone's help  (Read 1434 times)

RWC

Xmas Gift for everyone's help
« on: December 24, 2015, 07:53:13 pm »
Here’s a gift for everyone who developed Lazarus & Free Pascal and to all those who reply to our dumb questions and keep the forum going. GetMem, Circular and molly etc.. I’m not sure who everyone is but I’m sure you can pass a copy onto them. Many thanks to you all.

Have fun and Merry Christmas to you all and a prosperous New Year.
Best regards RWC

Preparation:
Just print the design onto A4, fold the diagonals first outwards then inwards to give a sharp crease then cut out the shape and the slit. Fold the two flap so it can be held by hand. It’s best viewed from a meter or more but can be closer if you cover one eye. I’ve made some as fold flat greetings cards and mobiles or it can be fixed in the top corner of a room.

History:
This design I named ‘Rubicon’ among others I developed in the late 1970’s.  It works by perceptual inversion (three dimensional), first used by the Ancient Egyptians in the form of a concave Pharaoh’s head which the mind can perceive as being convex. The parallax is thus reversed giving the illusion of the face following the observer’s motion both vertically & horizontally. I was granted a British Patent for it in 1995 due to the use of perspective to obtain the same illusion. I once had a room full of kids fall to the floor giggling when I walked in with a large boxes of Malteezers and a giant matchbox and that’s what made me want to develop it. Unfortunately it was stolen and sold to 16 Corporate Companies for point of sale advertising and I didn’t have the resources to bring legal action. Even a giant billboard was reverse engineer by the famous Patrick Hughes for Dunhill cigarettes and today it’s still used by Mitsubishi Motors promoting documentaries on Four.
LAZARUS  : Lazarus-1.4.2-fpc-2.6.4-win32. OS   : Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2.
CPU  : Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.4GHz. RAM : 3GB. PCIE : NVIDIA GeForce GT610. Audo : NVIDIA HD Audio.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018