Recent

Author Topic: How to setup IDE help with all components like sqldb?  (Read 2026 times)

markusd112

How to setup IDE help with all components like sqldb?
« on: December 24, 2015, 08:07:18 am »
Hi,

the context help (F1, CTRL+F1) seems to contain only the basic documentation for lazarus ide and fpc.

The doc for additional packages like sqldb isn't available there.

How can I setup the IDE so I have access to the complete documentation for all installed components?

Here I have found the help content e.g. for sqldb that I want to have in access via the F1 IDE help....

http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/fcl/sqldb/index.html

Thanks,

Markus

markusd112

Re: How to setup IDE help with all components like sqldb?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 08:38:09 am »
I have had a deeper look on this issue: on windows platform the ide install files contain chm help files dated at august 2012, where sqldb with all the actual packages seems not contained.

So I have downloaded actual chm help files and they now contain the sqldb documentation, so it works now.

Should I report this as a bug, so the maintainers can update the help files in the official win installation package of lazarus?

Under OS X I get it not working: now the lhelp app crashes each time I press F1 in lazarus with the following error message: "lhelp Stream read error. Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption. Press Cancel to kill the program."

I don't really know, what I have changed that causes this crash...

I have reinstalled the Lazarus IDE package and tried to delete the profile directory in users home directory (.lazarus), but it all doesn't help...

Any idea?!

Thanks

Markus 

TinyPortal © 2005-2018