Recent

Author Topic: Problems with Lazarus 1.6 1st Release Candidate  (Read 5206 times)

xos

Problems with Lazarus 1.6 1st Release Candidate
« on: December 13, 2015, 01:01:32 pm »
Hi,
First of all, normally a work on PC's, so I have no experience on mac… On my PC Lazarus 1.6 1st Release Candidate runs like a charm!

I just installed Lazarus 1.6 1st Release Candidate on a new mac mini. Yes, I had some problems to install and codesign the GDB. Now it looks that everything is ok.
1) I can compile an empty form and start it (I am so happy ;-)). When closing the app (form) "GDB has encounted an internal error..."-Msg appears. I have read that I should ignore this msg. Is there no way to solve this problem?
2) But the bigger problem is the impossibility to add a component on the form. When I insert a TButton on the empty form, then the "uses" will be expanded with "StdCtrls" but no TButton declaration will be inserted. The Lazarus-msg-win shows  "codetools error 1 EAccessViolation". Of course, the app can not be started.
3) It is possible to change the form name, but impossible to insert an OnClick procedure by double clicking the event. An Error-Info opens: in Unit LCLClasses -> Unit not found: Classes. What's the problem?

-It was possible to compile Lazarus with normal IDE.
-I'm not sure if my problems are from the release Candidate, it's my first Lazarus installation on mac.

mac mini, 10.10 Yosemite
Lazarus 1.6 1st Release Candidate

thanks for help
eduardo

jwdietrich

• formatio reticularis
Re: Problems with Lazarus 1.6 1st Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 03:06:35 pm »
With the exception of one reported bug (# 29283) I don't have a single problem with Lazarus 1.6RC1 on Mac OS X. Did you install the correct versions of Free Pascal and FPC sources?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 03:11:54 pm by jwdietrich »
function GetRandomNumber: integer; // xkcd.com
begin
  GetRandomNumber := 4; // chosen by fair dice roll. Guaranteed to be random.
end;

http://www.formatio-reticularis.de

Lazarus 2.2.6 | FPC 3.2.2 | PPC, Intel, ARM | macOS, Windows, Linux

xos

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 10:29:41 pm »
Thank you to look into my problems with Laz on mac…

As I wrote, I downloaded the three files from sourceforge  Home / Lazarus Mac OS X i386 / Lazarus 1.6RC1 and installed everything  as explained. I could solve my Point 1) with the GBD error.

Now, I can compile Lazarus and also installed an own package with 4 own components made on windows. Also no problem to load a small app created on Windows and compile/run and debug this app (of course I had to adjust some code).

But the problem 2) and 3) are still there.
- open a new project
- add a TButton, Lazarus write the StdCtrls in the uses line but not Button1 : TButton under type  TForm1 = class(TForm)

Of course the program can not be compiled. I can manually add the Button1 : TButton and then everything is ok, but that is not the way it should go.

Point 3) the same as written on my first entry, it is impossible to add an OnClick by double clicking in the event list. An Error-Info opens: in Unit LCLClasses -> Unit not found: Classes.

In some way Lazarus can't find the  type  TForm1 = class(TForm) and add the lines needed. I think the point 2) and 3) are related.
But when I change the Form name, Lazarus can change the TForm1 to MyForm.

mac mini, 10.10 Yosemite
Lazarus 1.6 1st Release Candidate

thanks for help
eduardo

jwdietrich

• formatio reticularis
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 08:58:44 pm »
Did you re-scan the FPC source directory? Sometimes it may also be helpful to delete the file fpcdefines.xml.
function GetRandomNumber: integer; // xkcd.com
begin
  GetRandomNumber := 4; // chosen by fair dice roll. Guaranteed to be random.
end;

http://www.formatio-reticularis.de

Lazarus 2.2.6 | FPC 3.2.2 | PPC, Intel, ARM | macOS, Windows, Linux

DioRich

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 08:37:31 am »
How did you solve your gdb error please it is driving me mad
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:17:38 pm by DioRich »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018