Recent

Author Topic: IDE Docking Status  (Read 14276 times)

lazyfiend

IDE Docking Status
« on: December 09, 2015, 11:51:36 am »
Is there a good bug-fee/minimal way to have something like docked form editor in newest version of lazarus?

I am using a 2015-5-19/svn rev.49057M build from fpcup (is there a good way to get version number from this?) in Ubuntu 64-bit. I have installed there a patched up KZDesktop, and i do not have enough time to fix KZDesktop again if necessary...

I heard sparta, but does this work in linux, and with anchordockingdesign?

Thanks.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: IDE Docking Status
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 12:02:34 pm »
Is there a good bug-fee/minimal way to have something like docked form editor in newest version of lazarus?

Yes.
 http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.6.0_release_notes#Docked_Form_Editor
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

balazsszekely

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 12:08:51 pm »
@lazyfiend

Yes it works!

lazyfiend

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 12:54:59 pm »
@lazyfiend

Yes it works!

Cool. Seeing the image, is it possible to show the source without any of the form design views (Components, Object Inspector etc.)?

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 01:39:59 pm »
Cool. Seeing the image, is it possible to show the source without any of the form design views (Components, Object Inspector etc.)?
Just close them.

balazsszekely

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 01:57:34 pm »
@lazyfiend
You want to hide design views (Components, Object Inspector etc.) when you switch from "Design" mode to "Source" mode, or something else? Please be more specific!

lazyfiend

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 11:58:16 am »
@lazyfiend
You want to hide design views (Components, Object Inspector etc.) when you switch from "Design" mode to "Source" mode, or something else? Please be more specific!

Yes, something like that.

balazsszekely

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 12:10:13 pm »
That's not implemented yet. If you really want this feature, please add a request to the bugtracker: http://bugs.freepascal.org/main_page.php

lazyfiend

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 10:57:32 am »
That's not implemented yet. If you really want this feature, please add a request to the bugtracker: http://bugs.freepascal.org/main_page.php

I see.
I'll file one once i know what to say what i want.

My patch of kzdesktop ends up with 2 windows: one the main with editor along with code inspector, project view, messages etc. and the other one with the form designer, object inspector etc. I came from eclipse and i styled it like perspectives...

I think something like the form designer acting out like one of the "windows" like object inspector, editor etc. would be nice, so that it would be compatible with other docking solutions. Is this idea good? or maybe sparta is already like this?

balazsszekely

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 11:25:04 am »

lazyfiend

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 11:47:37 am »
@GetMem That was solid. That is commercial though right?

Sparta is cool but the right click is broken in Linux, so i ended up updating my patch of KZDesktop to be a anchor docking compatible window.

Bug filed at: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29301

Is anyone also experiencing the right click issue in Linux? Just a right click anywhere in the designer causes an exception (it could only be on mine..?). I might file a report for that.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 06:50:11 pm »
Is anyone also experiencing the right click issue in Linux? Just a right click anywhere in the designer causes an exception (it could only be on mine..?). I might file a report for that.
Nope, works fine here.

balazsszekely

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2016, 06:56:37 pm »
That was solid. That is commercial though right?
Sparta is cool but the right click is broken in Linux, so i ended up updating my patch of KZDesktop to be a anchor docking compatible window
No, not anymore.

Same as @Leledumbo. Everything works fine, no exception.

lazyfiend

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 09:46:14 am »
I tried again, and it works. And i wasted some time. I might have just used this instead, it passes for me.

Stuff i did yesterday is at https://github.com/lazyfiend/minkzdesktop if anyone is interested.

balazsszekely

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 10:14:36 am »
@lazyfiend
Stuff i did yesterday is at https://github.com/lazyfiend/minkzdesktop if anyone is interested.
Out of curiosity, I did run a few test in one of my VM(XP/Laz 1.6/FPC 3.0.0). It works but it's buggy(see attachment).
Maciej(@hnb) put a lot of effort creating sparta, then porting it back to Lazarus. Currently is stable and it works well under Win32/64, GTK, QT, Carbon. There are some minor issues(see the bug tracker), but in my opinion is the best docking solution available for Lazarus + it has a great potential to grow.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018