Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 1.6 - 1st Release Candidate  (Read 116533 times)

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Lazarus 1.6 - 1st Release Candidate
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2015, 06:17:51 am »
if the RTL was compiled with different settings, then the ppu and o files for it will differ, and that will reflect in every exe compiled.

I don't know which procedure those bytes are part of (if this is in the code section), or what they disassemble to.

The question is what we want to archive:
1) explain the difference, and live with the difference.
2) change the Lazarus build scripts, and get an identical fpc.

The first is that the makefile was called with different options, so it generated different machinecode. And that code goes into all exe.

For the latter you can raise a bug. But someone needs to look into it and make the changes.

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2015, 09:48:25 am »
TDBGRID is not triggering all ONSELECTEDITOR-events

Got a problem with this new version. - I am using TDBGRID and its ONSELECTEDITOR-event to use TEDIT as a replacement for the grids cell-editor. - Its working fine with prior versions (The position of the editor-rect ist given from - DbGrid.SelectedFieldRect).

The NEW VERSION does NOT fire the ONSELECTEDITOR-event when entering a cell by KEYBOARD. But everything ist allright when entering a cell by MOUSE.
When a cell is entered by keyboard the onselecteditor event is ONLY triggered - after one has CHANGED the cell-text (thats not enough ;-)).

With Lazarus 1.4.4 its allright:
ONSELECTEDITOR is fired - EACH TIME when EDITORMODE is going to true (one is editing).

Where should the bug being reported ?

mantis.freepascal.org

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2015, 09:49:17 am »
Paint bug in DBGrid while editing the cell

Steps to reproduce:

Press F2 in some cell in DBGrid control. Text shifts for pixel or two. Left and top border of the cell are blue (highlight color). Look really unprofessional.

This probably comes from TEdit. Has it changed from 1.4?

Ondrej Pokorny

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2015, 09:50:35 am »
and same problem as with typhon - can't switch into app if integrated designer is active. will only switch if source is active.
no matter if clicking taskbar or using alt-tab. at least on windows.

Is it this bug? http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29042

abonic

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2015, 11:03:10 am »

Steps to reproduce:

Press F2 in some cell in DBGrid control. Text shifts for pixel or two. Left and top border of the cell are blue (highlight color). Look really unprofessional.

This probably comes from TEdit. Has it changed from 1.4?
I think it's the same in version 1.4.

I'm just starting with Lazarus and I have no idea how to test changes in the LCL (copying files to the project folder does not seem to work), but after a brief analysis seems to me that at least part of the problem could be here:

Grids.pas

procedure TCustomGrid.EditorPos;
    if FEditorOptions and EO_AUTOSIZE = EO_AUTOSIZE then begin
      if EditorBorderStyle = bsNone then
        InflateRect(CellR, -1, -1);
      FEditor.BoundsRect := CellR;

otoien

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2015, 01:38:49 pm »
Nice to see fpc 3.0 with UTF-8 in RTL supported now, great work!

The new desktop configuration (controlled under Manage desktops dialog) does not remember coordinates on a secondary display with anchor docking active (not tested undocked). Once Lazarus is opened again it jumps to the primary display and shape of windows change, apparently scaled relative to the edges of the screen. It is very awkward to then move it back to the secondary display again if the Scale on resize option is off (necessary to avoid the bug where the messages window keeps growing every time Lazarus is started), as the window has expanded. If for instance code explorer is kept at the right edge, it will be out of the window with the screens specified below.

This works fine in the 1.4.3 fixes branch before the new desktop configuration was introduced; Lazarus stayed on the secondary display with everything at the last used coordinates.

This is tested under Win 7 64 bit system, 32-bit Lazarus, primary display on notebook computer is 1920x 1080, secondary display 1600x1200, extended desktop mode.

Edit: I have now reported this in bug report #0029184.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 03:08:29 am by otoien »
Unless otherwise noted I always use the latest stable version of Lasarus/FPC x86_64-win64-win32/win64

Hansvb

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2015, 03:15:40 pm »
The RC1 works fine Thanks.

I saw that there is a lazgoogleapis packagage. I tried to compile the package but it stops compiling at:
reggoogleapi at the line :
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. googleservice

Hansvb

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2015, 03:47:20 pm »
Is the Oracle connection in the sqldb tab gone? I compiled the sqldb package again and still no oracle connection in Lazarus 1.6 RC1 64 bit.

regs

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2015, 04:59:19 pm »
and same problem as with typhon - can't switch into app if integrated designer is active. will only switch if source is active.
no matter if clicking taskbar or using alt-tab. at least on windows.

Is it this bug? http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=29042
Appears to be that a one

otoien

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2015, 07:44:35 am »

BTW, when reporting a bug, I noticed that 1.6 (RC1) is not listed in bug tracker yet.
Unless otherwise noted I always use the latest stable version of Lasarus/FPC x86_64-win64-win32/win64

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2015, 07:56:54 am »

BTW, when reporting a bug, I noticed that 1.6 (RC1) is not listed in bug tracker yet.
should be there now

bhinet

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2015, 08:17:00 pm »
TDBGRID is not triggering all ONSELECTEDITOR-events

Got a problem with this new version. - I am using TDBGRID and its ONSELECTEDITOR-event to use TEDIT as a replacement for the grids cell-editor. - Its working fine with prior versions (The position of the editor-rect ist given from - DbGrid.SelectedFieldRect).

The NEW VERSION does NOT fire the ONSELECTEDITOR-event when entering a cell by KEYBOARD. But everything ist allright when entering a cell by MOUSE.
When a cell is entered by keyboard the onselecteditor event is ONLY triggered - after one has CHANGED the cell-text (thats not enough ;-)).

With Lazarus 1.4.4 its allright:
ONSELECTEDITOR is fired - EACH TIME when EDITORMODE is going to true (one is editing).

Where should the bug being reported ?

mantis.freepascal.org

I have the same problem with onSelectEditor. I send the problem to mantis.freepascal.org

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2015, 10:24:30 am »
fpc.cfg is the same.
When I change path to fpc.exe from D:\Develop\Lazarus\fpc\3.0.0\bin\i386-win32\fpc.exe to C:\FPC\3.0.0\bin\i386-win32\fpc.exe in IDE settings (without any other changes), then compiler produces different exe (I press Shift-F9).
There are 3 bytes different:
0014CF71: 31 32
0014CF73: 31 30
0014CF74: 36 37

When I set path back to D:\Develop\Lazarus\fpc\3.0.0\bin\i386-win32\fpc.exe and press Shift-F9, then this 3 bytes reverts back:
0014CF71: 32 31
0014CF73: 30 31
0014CF74: 37 36

And it just struck me: those bytes are the date at which fpc was build.
FPC 3.0.0 [2015/12/07] for i386 - Win32

And yes, this is in your project1.exe, at least if build with debug info.
Check it with a hex viewer.

In RC2 they will differ again. Even so it has the same fpc, it will be build freshly.

abonic

« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2015, 12:18:02 pm »

Steps to reproduce:

Possible solution: http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,30746.0.html

SunyD

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2015, 04:47:52 pm »
Thanks guys, it is very good.

Can you make that property editor windows  (like Actionlisteditor, Menueditor, Collectionitem-editor)never goes behind the main window?

Look at the screenshoot. Now when you click on objectinspector to edit one property then the actionlisteditor goes to the background and you must select it again from mainwindow to add new action, same with stringgrid.cols and so.
I think it is better when this windows stays above main maindow, and we can close it self when all Actions/Columns created.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018