Recent

Author Topic: Can't compile basic project with form1.  (Read 5131 times)

kimmo.mannikko

Can't compile basic project with form1.
« on: November 14, 2015, 12:45:52 pm »
I have latest Mint Linux with Lazarus and fpc.  If i try to compile basic project with one window, i get fallowing error message: fatal: cannot find gettext Lazutf8. I know that error is to do something with fpc cannot find some stuff it needs. How i can solve this problem. In windows there is no tweaking, just install Lazarus and start to programming.  :o
Sorry if my english is bad. My native language is Finnish, not English.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Re: Can't compile basic project with form1.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 12:56:47 pm »
I have latest Mint Linux with Lazarus and fpc.  If i try to compile basic project with one window, i get fallowing error message: fatal: cannot find gettext Lazutf8. I know that error is to do something with fpc cannot find some stuff it needs. How i can solve this problem. In windows there is no tweaking, just install Lazarus and start to programming.  :o

Add lazutils to the requirements of the project. Later Lazaruses split LCL into LCL and a non visual part, lazutils

rwmich

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 02:02:31 pm »

Add lazutils to the requirements of the project. Later Lazaruses split LCL into LCL and a non visual part, lazutils

Can you post instruction how to do this?  I am having the same "Cannot find gettext... " error.  Just installed Lazarus 2 days ago, and been banging my head on this one.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.

rwmich

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 04:57:09 pm »
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Packages#Use_your_package_in_your_project

Thanks for reply but..
Added Lazutils per the prior post, still have the:

lazutf8.pas(194,3) Fatal: Cannot find gettext used by LazUTF8 of package LazUtils.

This is a pain.  I installed Lazarus on an earlier Mint version very simply maybe 2 years ago and it worked great.  Updated Mint a few months back but just getting to reinstalling Lazarus, and have this silliness.  So I have to spend hours/days trying to figure it out.  Not good.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 04:59:41 pm »
I don't know how Mint works, but did you install a "all"  fpc package?

It says it can't compile lazutf8, but that unit (gettext) afaik is in FPC, not lazarus repo  (fcl-base).

Make sure you install all fpc related packages.

rwmich

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 05:42:54 pm »
I don't know how Mint works, but did you install a "all"  fpc package?

It says it can't compile lazutf8, but that unit (gettext) afaik is in FPC, not lazarus repo  (fcl-base).

Make sure you install all fpc related packages.

I installed the fpc_3.0.2-170225_amd64.deb,  fpc-src_3.0.2-170225_amd64.deb,  lazarus-project_1.6.4-0_amd64.deb

all per sourceforge links poste on https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Linux%20amd64%20DEB/Lazarus%201.6.4/

same as I had done in prior installs.  Prior installs worked.  This one does not.

Chronos

• PascalClassLibrary
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 09:47:20 pm »
At least you already have solution to your problem: http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,30758.15.html :D
But I have similar error and I don't know how to solve it yet.

You can also try Menu - Project - Project Options and Test button.
There are some advices for "unit not found" here http://wiki.freepascal.org/Unit_not_found_-_How_to_find_units
It would be also good to have similar page for "package not found".

You can also see which paths are currently used from menu View - IDE Internals - About IDE and About FPC.

But for sure, that kind of error message is not much descriptive. It kind of "Runtime error 123." message. To find solution you need to dig deeper to lazarus/fpc internals. And thats a good and bad thing at the same time. That time would be better spent by developing useful applications.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018