Recent

Author Topic: Search Paths/Fresh Install Empty Project Won't compile  (Read 2077 times)

LutjaSuki

Search Paths/Fresh Install Empty Project Won't compile
« on: October 08, 2015, 06:54:34 pm »
Hi.  Here is the problem:

Windows 10 64
lazarus installed to e:\lazarus
Version 1.4.4

Fresh Install.  I create a new windows form project and the project refuses to compile with the complaint that it cannot find the unit interfaces.

The wiki advice about this problem did not solve anything.

The only way to get projects to compile is to play hunt-and-add  directories with the required units to the *individual* projects search path.  This an obviously insane situation - how can I setup the search paths such that *every single* standard lazarus library will always, by default, be in the search path for *every single* project that I ever create?

thanks.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: Search Paths/Fresh Install Empty Project Won't compile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 08:44:04 pm »
Adding project search paths is surely not the right way. See :
 http://wiki.freepascal.org/Unit_not_found_-_How_to_find_units

I suspect your system was not "clean" when you installed Lazarus, you maybe had an old version of FPC or Lazarus already there.

Another possible reason is that your project has no dependency for LCL. That is unlikely because it gets added automatically for LCL applications.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

LutjaSuki

Re: Search Paths/Fresh Install Empty Project Won't compile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 09:01:25 pm »
nope - brand new install.

The empty project programme  now runs.  Something that was changed after I had used the project inspect > add  in my first programme (that works perfectly as far as I can tell!! - pascal skills less diminished than I had feared :) ) - anyway - getting my first project to compile now seems to have produced an ide that lets everything compile (lots of restarting occurred initially so i wasn't that that fixed things)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018