Recent

Author Topic: Issue with dual screen and latest Lazarus version  (Read 3656 times)

Ocye

• Scrabble3D
Issue with dual screen and latest Lazarus version
« on: October 05, 2015, 02:34:03 pm »
The latest version makes working with dual screen setup impossible. No window position is stored, every click leads to the predefined (completely wrong) position. That's true for source code, object inspector, messages etc. - every window. For instance, moving and sizing the source window to the right position and running the code with a debug point puts the window back on the other screen.

Lazarus 1.5 rUnknown FPC 3.0.0 i386-win32-win32/win64

(rUnknown? Just read from svn, at revision: 49937; double-checked the issue positively with fpc 2.6.4)
Lazarus 1.7 (SVN) FPC 3.0.0

howardpc

Re: Issue with dual screen and latest Lazarus version
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 02:40:27 pm »
If you've discovered a previously unreported bug, it is better to use the bugtracker to document it rather than this forum.

Ocye

• Scrabble3D
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 12:49:39 pm »
Hadn't have my password at hand. With the latest update the IDE doesn't jump anymore on interactions. But it still disrespects my placement after restart. With which I can live as it is bleeding edge stuff.

BTW: Bad usability if you have to write text to illustrate what's going on. Talking about the checkbox in the objectinspector for boolean values that is accompanied by (True) or (False). The old variant was okay, IMHO.
Lazarus 1.7 (SVN) FPC 3.0.0

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 02:26:36 pm »
BTW: Bad usability if you have to write text to illustrate what's going on. Talking about the checkbox in the objectinspector for boolean values that is accompanied by (True) or (False). The old variant was okay, IMHO.

Which old variant? Do you mean the Combobox for Booleans? It can still be selected from options. Only the default was changed to a Checkbox.
The default can also be negotiated if everybody prefers a Combobox. For me personally Checkbox feels the most intuitive control for editing Booleans.

The text associated with the Checkbox was discussed. Empty space with no text feels ... well, empty.
"True" and "False" without parentheses is confusing. An unchecked box with text "False" can be interpreted as "False is turned off". Uhhh, what would that mean?
"(True)" and "(False)" is a good compromise.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

rvk

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 02:54:40 pm »
Which old variant? Do you mean the Combobox for Booleans? It can still be selected from options. Only the default was changed to a Checkbox.
The default can also be negotiated if everybody prefers a Combobox. For me personally Checkbox feels the most intuitive control for editing Booleans.
Well, I just tried setting the old-display way but it has a bug. (maybe it's already reported)

For instance AutoSize. It's default False and nothing is displayed. Is that correct?
But if I set it to True and click on something else then AutoSize is empty again.

For me the whole old setting could be deleted but if it's a setting it should work correctly.

Lazarus 1.5 r49968 FPC 3.1.1 i386-win32-win32/win64

I submitted it:
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=28790
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:09:23 pm by rvk »

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 04:05:36 pm »
Well, I just tried setting the old-display way but it has a bug. (maybe it's already reported)

Damn right, when did that happen? It used to work. I will look at it.

[Edit] Fixed in r49976.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 07:07:41 pm by JuhaManninen »
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018