Recent

Author Topic: SENDING MASSIVE EMAILS VIA LAZARUS  (Read 4645 times)

jufau

SENDING MASSIVE EMAILS VIA LAZARUS
« on: August 28, 2015, 01:29:53 pm »
Hello All,
I am about to start an application which is supposed to send email marketing to several thousands of recipients at once. Is there any lib or component for lazarus that will allow me to perform such task?
P.S.: I have heard that it is not possible to do it using SMTP because of its limitation of 50 emails per day per account. Don't know whether this is correct or not.
So my ideia is to use my lazarus application to send my HTML file to all email accounts of my database without any amount limitation of emails.

Any clue?
Thank you all
J
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:01:37 pm by jufau »

derek.john.evans

Re: SENDING MASSIVE EMAILS VIA LAZARUS
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 01:40:16 pm »
Indy Component TIdSMTP?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Indy+TidSMTP&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#

As far as I know, any (emails per day) limitation would be set by the SMTP admin.

If you have a PHP server running with email access, you can write a simple PHP interface which Lazarus can access via fphttpclient

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 01:48:32 pm »
FPC could do that, but from where did you get the database? I would seek some advise before attempting mass-marketing on your own. This is in most cases not a very smart thing to do without any advise.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

jufau

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 01:51:48 pm »
Hey derek.john.evans
Let me see if I understand you. Besides the programming issue, you meant that if I create/setup my own mail server I can go over any limitation of emails per day. So for example, I can dedicate a mail server to manage these emails without the need of a third party company like GMail/Yahoo/Hotmail so I can send as many emails as I need per day. Is that right?

jufau

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 01:59:38 pm »
Thaddy,
Thanks for your post.
The company I work for has a huge amount of email accounts. They exchange information with other big companies all over the country.
About the advise I don't really get your point. What kind of advise are you talking about? You mean legal advise or technical advise? If it is legal, they deal with that everyday and are not doing anything illegal. If it is technical, this is the reason why I am posting here in the forum, to know the best way to execute the task.
The company actually pays a mail-marketing company to do the job. But they are real expensive. So my boss is wondering whether we can do it ourselves.

rvk

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 02:45:23 pm »
It is possible to use your own mail-server to deliver mail directly to other mail-servers (i.e. your very own smtp-server) but you need to know that if you don't setup it correctly your server will be marked as spam-server by other mail-servers and your mail might bounce back (or even worse... just not delivered). Setting up your own mail-server is very precise task and you need to do it the correct way.

For using the smtp of your own internet-provider. Some have larger limitations but if your going to send thousands of mail per batch you might want use a specialized smtp-service for that. For example Amazaon SES but I'm sure there are many, many others (http://www.serversmtp.com is another. Try Google.). But if I spread-out my mails over a few hours my own internet-provider doesn't have a problem with a few thousand mails via their smtp-server. Sending them in a time-span of minutes might be another matter.

B.T.W. Is there a special reason you want to do this in code in Lazarus/FPC? You could, for instance, also go for a service like MailChimp. With the free account you can send up to 12.000 mails to 2000 subscribers each month (with only a small non-intrusive mailchimp-icon at the bottom). If you need more you can pay a modest fee for more (and without the icon). You can design the mail online and create Email-campaigns.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:48:38 pm by rvk »

eny

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 06:33:27 pm »
CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION? I DID NOT HEAR YOU.
All posts based on: Win10 (Win64); Lazarus 2.0.10 'stable' (x64) unless specified otherwise...

Trenatos

• MarcusFernstrom.com
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 07:53:35 pm »
Some harsh love:  Don't.

If you don't have the know-how about how to set up and maintain an email server, with continuous updates and tweaks, you really shouldn't try to set it up for a large company.

If your current contractor/supplier is too expensive, look into alternatives, but if you want to do it yourself you'll need to become almost as good as the experts at the company you're currently hiring.

My advice is looking for a cheaper alternative to your current contractor.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018