Recent

Author Topic: Windows 10 themes : Preferred options ?  (Read 11699 times)

u2o

• No message
Re: Windows 10 themes : Preferred options ?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2015, 08:16:33 am »
I created an application (borderless) to clear temporary files and see how it looks! (attached)
The problem is that there are so many events to implement (and +20 TPanels)... I prefer not to use it for all my applications...

We need a style manager like VCL ( https://theroadtodelphi.wordpress.com/vcl-style-utils/ )
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 10:27:27 am by u2o »

taazz

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2015, 09:14:24 am »
So you want smaller borders around the window? is that all? Don't waste your time,  its not up to you to decide how the application looks in my PC you have no knowledge about my settings and about my shortcomings I might be blind or old with bad motor skills if its for your computer then disable aero and go to a classic view and you will be fine.

I was on the same path late last year with windows 8 I found some registry entries to change the size of the border back to 3 pixels wide and then I found some sort of setting in the personalization dialog to do it instead of registry but I don't remember by heart at this time and I do not have access to windows 8 or 10 at the moment to look in to it further.

Keep in mind that what ever changes you make on that level must remain in personal space and not extended to your applications. Just respect your users choices and stop projecting your choices on them.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

u2o

• No message
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 10:25:04 am »
Hi Taazz!

I agree with you. This is an application for punctual and personal use, removes temporary files. Nothing more.
In an application like a web browser, an administration system, etc... The desicion must be of the user (always).
But it's always nice offer options, and allow the user to choose whether to use the Windows style, or one (or more) custom styles.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 10:48:58 am by u2o »

shobits1

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 05:46:12 pm »
what about VCL Styles Utils (https://github.com/RRUZ/vcl-styles-utils), I think its good if adapted to lazarus (or if already there is a similar library); also you will have the choice to apply the theme you want or use the native windows look.

sam707

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 12:29:17 am »
@shobits1 the ignorant I am, can tell ya lil prick that he was here with a TRS-80 (its on my signature, 1979), and YOU should shut it up BECAUSE discussing about red or white or yellow marks from a particular OS has really NOTHING TO DO on a PASCAL IDE GENERAL FORUM

SO that means this WHOLE thread about themes on a "particular" OS has nothing to do here! port these craps to msdn forums! clear? big brain @shobits1 teenager! ;) (and i keep polite, unlike you)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 12:37:42 am by sam707 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018