Recent

Author Topic: AmigaOS 4?  (Read 29390 times)

molly

Re: AmigaOS 4?
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 05:57:38 pm »
Unfortunately, unit lineinfo is not available for MorphOS target.

Go to your project settings, compiler options, debugging and disable any setting that requires this unit (e.g. display line numbers in run-time backtraces). Do not compile/build with option -gl.

saashapont

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2016, 06:22:39 pm »
Thank you! Thank you!! thank you!!! It is compile now!
I find solution i import settings from alb42's AllAmigaPlatforms.xml

I make hello word with one button.
It was compiled success.
But when I try to execute it on real morphos i have error Class TButton not found :(
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:34:46 pm by saashapont »

molly

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2016, 06:27:21 pm »
But when I try to execute it on real morphos i have error Class ЕИгеещт not found :(
Sorry, my Russian (assuming it is Russian) is non-existent.

molly

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2016, 06:44:39 pm »
But when I try to execute it on real morphos i have error Class TButton not found :(
Ah, English i am able to read  :D

Hmz, i have no idea  :(

For the status for each individual control for the MUI/Zune widgetset, please see this page.

As you can see for yourself,  the TButton control is listed as working and even has an accompanied example.

Does the same example that you now use, work(ed) when using the virtual machine for cross-compilation ?

saashapont

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2016, 06:49:46 pm »
Create new project, uncheck -gl, And it works now!!!!! Without loading allamigaplatform.xml

molly

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2016, 07:07:30 pm »
Create new project, uncheck -gl, And it works now!!!!! Without loading allamigaplatform.xml
Can i assume that everything is working as expected now ? e.g. can i close my error-report ?

For further issues regarding MorphOS i would advise to either post your issues @ morphzone, ALB42's github account, MorphOS branch (just file a bug-report), or contact ALB42 at his blog.

You are of course free to post your issue here on these forums (preferably in a thread which indicates MorphOS, instead of AmigaOS :P) but afaik ALB42 (as many other developers/maintainers) does not read much around here.

saashapont

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2016, 07:17:23 pm »
Yes! It works! Thank you!

Now have a question, how i can use this project for other targets. For example if I try compile this project for win32 I have error muiint.pp(31,3) Fatal: Cannot find agraphics used by MUIInt.

In Additional and Overrides I create two build mode for morphos and for windows and set checkbooks.
Are there any options for this?

molly

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2016, 08:04:35 pm »
Yes! It works! Thank you!
Thank you for the confirmation ! Bug-report has been closed.

Now have a question, how i can use this project for other targets. For example if I try compile this project for win32 I have error muiint.pp(31,3) Fatal: Cannot find agraphics used by MUIInt.
Well, you would have to select another widgetset.

The most common used widgetset for Windows is "Win32".

Besides that you, would require a cross-compiler that is able to target windows and you also need to have the GNU bintuils installed that are able to create windows executables for you.

Note that you need to create a cross-compiler from the same Free Pascal sources that you used to create the MorphOS cross-compiler from.

If you created the cross-compiler you would then need to install the cross compiled rtl and other units. Which basically means copying the units to your units directory next to your powerpc-MorphOS directory (but instead use the directory name i386-win32).

The cross-compiler itself must be copied next to your fpc (executable) compiler that you use for Lazarus (cross-)compilation.

In Additional and Overrides I create two build mode for morphos and for windows and set checkbooks.
Are there any options for this?
Yes, using different build-modes to select another target is also possible.

But, please note what Ron wrote that this does not always work as code-tools sometimes seem unable to pick up on the change (in which case you can save your project settings all that you want but, the settings you choose will not actually be saved for your project).

Also note that this might be an issue that perhaps already has been fixed in official Lazarus trunk (i have no clue whatsoever).

Or in short: follow the normal procedure of cross-compiling from Mac-OS to Windows but instead use the compiler that you yourself created (and also have been using for cross-compiling to MorphOS).

Note that for every widget change the complete widgetset needs to be (re-)compiled. Ergo, you might experience very slow compilation on the first compile directly after a widget-change. There are solutions to that 'problem' but that is really out of scope of this thread.

Have fun !

Mirosant

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2016, 08:16:46 am »
Big thanks to all of you. It's working (thanks for this allamigaplatform.xml hint, this works for me). You are Magicians. I can run my programs on Amiga, this is really amazing, pure joy.

Furthermore, and in case you don't like that then, you yourself are the one that can do something about that  ;)

Anyhows. Please inform yourself about the procedure that is to be followed for approval of write access to Lazarus repository and the requirements that have to be met for accepting a new target for Lazarus.

me?
What?
I do not see anything I can do about it. I have no power in Lazarus. I do not have enough knowledge about Lazarus to improve it. I guess.
Do you have a link about this 'procedure' and 'requirements'?

Thanks again to all of you (molly, saashapont, TRon).

molly

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2016, 10:52:28 am »
me?
Well, i was speaking more in the general sense of 'the people'. I'm guessing you are one of them so you fit the description  :D

What?
The power of common mortals like you and me.

I do not see anything I can do about it.
Really ? You have such low self-esteem ? C'mon  ;D

There is plenty work to do for any type of expertise. Again generally speaking. To name a few:
  • Are you good at writing ? Write documentation, contribute to wiki's, write reviews or blog about your (lazarus/FPC/Platform specific) experiences.
  • Are you perhaps a graphics expert ? Create graphics, logo's and/or design a set of icons for us. Maybe you can contribute to someone who is writing a game with FPC/Lazarus.
  • Perhaps you're an expert in asm coding (whatever processor) so you might be able make some improvements in FPC's inner core. To make it more specific: AROS/FPC lacks an expert that could help us add support for the arm target.
  • For our targets: Maybe you are more into GNU core utils, in which case we really could use some help with available (Amiga(OS)/MorphOS) patches and turn it into something that is able to reliably create/patch binutils so that anyone is able to target these platforms.
  • For our targets: we lack a (dedicated) AmigaOS maintainer.
  • For our targets: ALB42 could really use some help with testing and improving things.
  • For our targets: Maybe you have idea's on how some things for our target platforms could be implemented in a better way, in which case you are more than welcome to express those idea's and/or study current implementation.
  • For our targets: Do you know Amiga, MorphOS and/or AROS api inside out ? In that case you're the perfect candidate for the job in helping us improve things, even if you haven't written a single Pascal program in your life. If even to verify current idea's and/or implementations.
  • I'm sure i forgot a bunch of other obvious task that could been done and/or for which everyone out there is able to contribute

But, even simple things as was done just here. Try to setup the (cross-)compiler. Compile something and report your experiences. File a bug-report if you ran into a bug or problem.

Some of us simply do not have the hardware to check each and every tid-bit (As a matter of fact this thread was a good example of that, as non of us currently use MacOS or simply lack the time to test these things ourselves).

I have no power in Lazarus.
Sure you do. If you can write an application with lazarus you can also compile that program for different targets (At least you now know how to and, in principle the steps you've made/learned can be applied for every target that FPC/Lazarus supports).

Make your opinion count and ask/state that you want to have such support. If that requires a bigger user-base, then motivate people to join your cause. Get yourself informed and ask ALB42 why he hasn't pushed his changes upstream (yet). If there is reason for him to not do so (he might have perfect valid reasons to refrain from merging upstream) then  ask him what can be done to improve the situation and see if you can do anything about that. Ask the same question(s) to the Lazarus project manager(s) and/or other Lazarus developers.

I do not have enough knowledge about Lazarus to improve it. I guess.
Pardon my phrase but, bullocks  :D

If you can start the IDE, create an application, stick a button on a form and compile your project then you already have the knowledge.

You are able to cross-compile now, not ? Do you have any idea how many people that have been using lazarus/fpc for ages that have no clue on how to manually create their own cross-compiler ? I can tell you for sure that there are plenty, yet you've done it (even if it is with a little bit of help, you are the one that gained that knowledge).

Which reminds me: thank you very much for having reported that things work for you as well. See, that is exactly the kind of things i am talking about that makes you, help us  :)

Do you have a link about this 'procedure' and 'requirements'?
The only existing documentation that i am aware of is written here

But, please also realize that things are not always as easy and clear as they might appear on the surface. FPC/Lazarus is a relatively big open source project and as such, project manager(s) have to 'protect' their product. Patents and copyrights are amongst those things that can severely threathen a project like FPC or Lazarus.

Mirosant

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2016, 08:41:30 am »
Really ? You have such low self-esteem ? C'mon  ;D

Or, realistic view to myself?

Make your opinion count and ask/state that you want to have such support. If that requires a bigger user-base, then motivate people to join your cause. Get yourself informed and ask ALB42 why he hasn't pushed his changes upstream (yet). If there is reason for him to not do so (he might have perfect valid reasons to refrain from merging upstream) then  ask him what can be done to improve the situation and see if you can do anything about that. Ask the same question(s) to the Lazarus project manager(s) and/or other Lazarus developers.

Is'nt this exactly what I did with my message? Asking you, why it's not included in the official Repository, in the official Lazarus forum. Where potentially official Lazarus developers can read it as well?

The only existing documentation that i am aware of is written here

But, please also realize that things are not always as easy and clear as they might appear on the surface. FPC/Lazarus is a relatively big open source project and as such, project manager(s) have to 'protect' their product. Patents and copyrights are amongst those things that can severely threathen a project like FPC or Lazarus.

looks not that harsh as I would expected, just a little bit sloppy/soft, more related that you know someone of the developers. (In Roman times one would call it an advocate.)

TRon

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2016, 09:00:28 am »
>> Or, realistic view to myself?
In which case merging MOS-lazarus upstream would be of no importance whatsoever.

>> looks not that harsh as I would expected, just a little bit sloppy/soft, more related that you know someone of the developers. (In Roman times one would call it an advocate.)
Exactly.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018