Recent

Author Topic: unable to build lazarus 1.4.2 in opensuse 13.2  (Read 5410 times)

taazz

unable to build lazarus 1.4.2 in opensuse 13.2
« on: August 24, 2015, 06:12:49 am »
I spend all night yesterday night installing deleting and reinstalling opensuse fpc and lazarus trying to solve a number of problems. I'm at the end of my rope at the moment and I have to install and compile some applications on top of that, so to the problems here is the last 4 lines on the messages window with all the rest being hints as well.
Code: [Select]
main.pp(89,22) Hint: Unit "ImExportCompilerOpts" not used in Main
lazarus.pp(41,3) Hint: Unit "redirect_stderr" not used in Lazarus
make: *** [idepkg] Error 2
lazarus.pp(142,1) Error: Error while linking
I have saved somewhere the unique messages from the last attempt which I can upload it when I get up later today.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

Cyrax

Re: unable to build lazarus 1.4.2 in opensuse 13.2
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 11:56:36 am »
Did you install development tool chain for your distro?

taazz

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 05:45:25 am »
Did you install development tool chain for your distro?

Thank you for your time.

I have installed gcc, binutils and cross binutils for arm thinking that I will try to find some time to work on arm based devices, probably a stupid step on my behalf which brings me to my second question is it possible to uninstall an rpm? I'm interested especially on the fpc and lazarus rpms that I installed to avoid reinstalling linux from start.

Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:45:07 am »
Yes you can uninstall an rpm.
That's the whole point of a package manager: to make it easy to install/uninstall.

Use "man rpm" to find the right paramter, I'm too lazy to look it up for you.

W.r.t. installing fpc/lazarus.
In my experience the best way is to use the installer (shellscript) provided with the fpc download (not the rpm).
Then download the sources for Lazarus (e.g. via svn) and build that from source.

You need binutils and IIRC gtk/gdk devel package to be installed for the build process.

Bart

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 01:39:48 pm »
lazarus.pp(142,1) Error: Error while linking

Some external library or a symlink is not installed. (libc-devel, gtk,gtk-devel,X11,X11-devel as the most likely candidates).

The real error is not visible.

taazz

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 10:01:39 pm »
OK I found a menu option on the popup menu in the messages window and here are the last lines of error that make some sense to me. I'm guessing is a combination of 64bit kernel and not existing or not installed 32bit libraries although I already tried to build for qt and failed. I just don't know which packages I need to install to resolve those problems. I have installed all I could see for gtk2 but I have just uninstalled fpc and lazarus to try and rebuild everything from sources but I do not think I'm going to succeed if I do not resolve the missing packages first.  back in installing every 32bit package I can find and thank you for your time.
Code: [Select]
(9022) Compiling resource /home/evosi/.lazarus/units/i386-linux/qt/lazarus.or
(9015) Linking /home/evosi/.lazarus/bin/lazarus
/usr/bin/ld: warning: /home/evosi/.lazarus/bin/link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/crtbegin.o when searching for /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/crtbegin.o
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/crtbegin.o
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libpthread.so when searching for -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libdl.so when searching for -ldl
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldl
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libX11.so when searching for -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so when searching for -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libgtk-x11-2.0.so when searching for -lgtk-x11-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgtk-x11-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libgdk-x11-2.0.so when searching for -lgdk-x11-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgdk-x11-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libgobject-2.0.so when searching for -lgobject-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgobject-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so when searching for -lglib-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lglib-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libgthread-2.0.so when searching for -lgthread-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgthread-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libgmodule-2.0.so when searching for -lgmodule-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgmodule-2.0
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libpango-1.0.so when searching for -lpango-1.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpango-1.0
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libcairo.so when searching for -lcairo
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcairo
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libatk-1.0.so when searching for -latk-1.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -latk-1.0
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libpangocairo-1.0.so when searching for -lpangocairo-1.0
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpangocairo-1.0
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib64/libc.so when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
make[1]: *** [idepkg] Error 2
make: *** [idepkg] Error 2
/usr/lib/lazarus/ide/lazarus.pp(142,1) Error: (9013) Error while linking
/usr/lib/lazarus/ide/lazarus.pp(142,1) Fatal: (10026) There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
Error: /usr/bin/ppc386 returned an error exitcode (normal if you did not specify a source file to be compiled)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018