Recent

Author Topic: Messages window: hiding warnings/hints for specific units  (Read 2345 times)

Henppy

Messages window: hiding warnings/hints for specific units
« on: August 22, 2015, 07:53:31 am »
Hi.

Pardon me if this has been asked before, it sound like it should have, but apparently not, or my google-foo is weak today...

So I'm working on this little program and every time I build I get a ton of warnings/hints from a couple 3rd party units I'm using, which makes it a little annoying to find warnings generated for my own code. There's nothing I can do about the 3rd party, I wouldn't want to go in there to insert %H- all over the place, or do any modification to those files for that matter.

So, is there any way to hide warnings/hints from certain units?

I see there's a "Switch Filter Options" there, which I've no idea if that's for what I have in mind or for something else...

BitBangerUSA

Re: Messages window: hiding warnings/hints for specific units
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 08:20:29 am »
have you looked in Project | Project Options | Messages ?

that may help with the many warnings/hints. i've no idea if there is a way to turn off msgs entirely for a particular unit...

also, i did not find 'switch filter options' anywhere.

Lazarus Ver 2.2.6 FPC Ver 3.2.2
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Henppy

Re: Messages window: hiding warnings/hints for specific units
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 01:00:35 am »
Hey, sorry for the late reply, didn't get any notification about the thread.

The switch filter option appears in the right click menu of the message window itself.

Yeah, I've looked at the project options dialog, but those seem to be a all or none type of deal, so no one particular unit...

At the end I broke down and went on a %H- spree, :D I wonder why the author of Synaser left all those things in there, some are simple variable not used or unit in uses clause not used...

TinyPortal © 2005-2018