Recent

Author Topic: m key no longer works normally  (Read 4354 times)

abtaylr

m key no longer works normally
« on: July 24, 2015, 08:28:23 am »
I am having a problem in Lazarus 1.4.2 under x86_64-linux Kubuntu. After working in a project for several days the m key on my keyboard stopped printing the letter 'm' in the editor.  Instead it creates a CR LF operation.  I tried the usual things, re-booting, re-opening, etc.  I checked that the m key performed normally in jEdit, libre office, Konsole, etc. 

I uninstalled lazarus, did a fresh compile of source code and re-installed.  Initially, the m key worked fine for a couple of hours, then the same thing.  I tried deleting my project file and created a new one with no effect.  I went though the options for Lazarus and the project to see if a different combination of options would clear the problem, but no luck.

I checked the properties of my various code files and found nothing amiss.  I looked at system settings and even changed the keyboard settings from generic to the specific make and model for my HP keyboard.

I don't know what else to do. I hope someone else has some ideas.

serbod

Re: m key no longer works normally
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 10:14:39 am »
Have same trouble.
Open Options -> Editor -> Misc, check "IME handled by system".
Also, you can't input text in Search dialog, until you disable IME.

abtaylr

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:25:42 pm »
It appears that the IM option is only found in the Windows version of Lazarus.  It is missing in Linux.  I have been doing some research into SCIM that Kubuntu uses, but to no avail.

abtaylr

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 10:43:39 pm »
I have also found that in the object inspector and the help search feature that the keys print double after the m key problem starts.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki

MNeto

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 05:36:46 pm »
Hello.

The last link is outdated? In the above commands, the shell could not find ./lazarus.

To fix the key problem "m" in the Lazarus 1.4.2, I had to type in the terminal:

Code: [Select]
GTK_IM_MODULE = ibus startlazarus
Later, I added the following to ~ / .profile:
Code: [Select]
export GTK_IM_MODULE = ibus
This worked well.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018