Recent

Author Topic: Dot-matrix printers print with LazReport  (Read 25460 times)

ttomas

Re: Dot-matrix printers print with LazReport
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2015, 11:41:41 pm »
Dot matrix printers have two modes of printing Text and Graphic mode. If you use LazReport and use TTF fonts then your printer will print in graphic mode (slow printing). But if you first select printer in Designer and choose Printer Font then you will print in Text Mode (fast printing).
You can test this with any Windows program (WordPad), select your printer and change font (in WordPad printer fonts have printer icon Roman, Condensed, etc. depend of your printer driver). If you change Port of your printer driver to file you can save printer job to file and analyze result.  I never have problem with dot matrix printers with FastReport or LazReport using this trick even with continues 100> pages reports.

u2o

• No message
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2015, 03:55:25 am »
For 2 years, I maintain an application to manage a municipal library, and I can't to get a continuous print on an Epson LX-300 II ( https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/lx3pii/lx3piipg.pdf ).

When LazReport send the impression to the windows driver, the pages are printed separately, although the printer is set to use continous paper (push tractor switch).
Print from Windows driver causes that the start/top of every page is moved a few millimeters, surpassing the 20 pages (more or less)  adds one more page. The impression is also presented on the cut marks of continuous paper, really a mess...

Can someone provide a concise example?

I can't figure out how, and neither remember found an example that uses a reportfile of LazReport.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 04:08:50 am by u2o »

Zath

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2015, 02:14:35 pm »
For 2 years, I maintain an application to manage a municipal library, and I can't to get a continuous print on an Epson LX-300 II ( https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/lx3pii/lx3piipg.pdf ).

When LazReport send the impression to the windows driver, the pages are printed separately, although the printer is set to use continous paper (push tractor switch).
Print from Windows driver causes that the start/top of every page is moved a few millimeters, surpassing the 20 pages (more or less)  adds one more page. The impression is also presented on the cut marks of continuous paper, really a mess...

I can't figure out how, and neither remember found an example that uses a reportfile of LazReport.

Are you saying you've always had the issue of page length over the last two years or since using a Laz component ?
On first reading, it sounds to me more like a document length issue setting.
The LX350 has two micro adjust buttons on it so you can get your document to the correct length/position.

andrej.silva

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2015, 03:57:52 pm »
Oi bom dia, sou do brasil, tenho um componente para impressão em matriciais já uso faz um tempo, ser quiser posso te mandar, e também um exemplo, ele só não tem preview.

Zath

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2015, 10:18:40 am »
Oi bom dia, sou do brasil, tenho um componente para impressão em matriciais já uso faz um tempo, ser quiser posso te mandar, e também um exemplo, ele só não tem preview.

English.
Hi good morning, I'm from Brazil, I have a component for dot matrix printing already use for some time now, be you want I can send you, and also an example, he just does not have preview

It would be interesting to see it.

u2o

• No message
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2015, 06:00:39 am »

Are you saying you've always had the issue of page length over the last two years or since using a Laz component ?
On first reading, it sounds to me more like a document length issue setting.
The LX350 has two micro adjust buttons on it so you can get your document to the correct length/position.

Hi Zath!

In two years I have not been able to accomplish this ...

For the management system of the municipal library, they need two very important reports.
  • The first is to control existence of books (inspection every six months). This report reaches the 976 pages (landscape print). The library has +19000 books. No problems here, landscape printing is ok.
  • The second is for printing receipts for membership fees payment (bimonthly). This report reaches 65 pages (portrait orientation print). The library has +500 members. The problem is here, with the portrait/vertical print.
The printer properties are correct, the tractor is working properly.

The simplest example is, if I need print 3 lines, the printer will print the 3 lines, but it will ejects the entire sheet. The printer never stop the sheet positioned at the end of the printing of lines.

The problem is the way the data is sent to the printer, if the data is sent to the Windows driver, the printer will print graphically.
I didn't find a way to send data directly to the printer EPSON (skipping Windows driver). As far as I could find out some time ago, the printer uses ESC commands. I didn't manage to do it, maybe in a month I can borrow the printer for experiments.

Hi Andrej!

That would be really great!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 06:33:19 am by u2o »

u2o

• No message
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2015, 06:35:47 am »
FastReports has a component TfrxDotMatrixExport for this...  https://www.fast-report.com/documentation/UserMan/index.html?dot_matrix_reports.htm

elidorio

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2015, 06:37:01 am »

Hi andrej,

Could send the component and an example?
I'm also from Brazil.

Thank you

Edson
Lazarus 1.4.4 | FPC 2.6.4 | Windows / Linux Debian

TinyPortal © 2005-2018