Recent

Author Topic: Basic questions about FPK  (Read 1610 times)

TomS

Basic questions about FPK
« on: May 28, 2015, 01:39:37 am »
I have a number of Borland Pascal applications that I developed over a long time. My concern is that after XP (or XP emu), I am unable to run them in a command window.

I am looking at FPK in the hopes that I can port them over and run them in win 7 and beyond (without emulation). They are all purely text programs.

Is the approach that I should be looking at is compiling them in the win32 environment using the Crt unit? Will this avoid the "unsupported 16-bit program" issue?

I also made use of Turbopower products. I used mainly the Object Professional toolkit. I searched for references to Turbopower on this forum, but most of the refs were for the more Delphi-oriented. I guess that it may be possible to compile them or simply work around.

Any comments are appreciated.

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
Re: Basic questions about FPK
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 05:06:54 am »
TomS. you probably referring to "command window" as 16-bit emulator.

Well, there's another "command window". The application are known as Console Applications. They're 32-bit and 64-bit these days. My favorite one is FAR Manager.

By replacing some dos-APIs with proper WinAPI usages, you should be able to update your existing programs, and keep them the way you like - console.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018