Recent

Author Topic: Problem compiling project (paths/ppu/compability? issue)  (Read 6776 times)

MISV

Problem compiling project (paths/ppu/compability? issue)
« on: May 18, 2015, 12:18:01 pm »
My setup works on Windows/Lazarus but on OSX I have problems.

I have compiled and installed the indylaz with "-Ur" (see below)

When compiling a package that requires indylaz + has a unit from it in "uses" clause I get error
Can not find "idFTP used by "UmisvMyPackage", incompatible ppu = /Users/%myname%/MISV/LazarusComponents/indy_lazarus/Lib/lib/i386-darwin/idFTP.ppu, package indylaz -- You tried to use a unit of which the PPU file isn't found by the compiler. Check your configuration file for the unit paths

If I try compile a new fresh app where I e.g. drop TidFTP and ass idFTP unit to uses clause I get
Can not find "idFTP used by "UmisvMyApplication", Make sure all ppu files of a package are in its output directory = /Users/%myname%/MISV/LazarusComponents/indy_lazarus/Lib/lib/i386-darwin/idFTP.ppu, package indylaz -- You tried to use a unit of which the PPU file isn't found by the compiler. Check your configuration file for the unit paths
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 10:56:16 pm by MISV »

Cyrax

Re: Problem compiling project (paths/ppu/compability? issue)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 02:19:39 pm »
In your Mac, recompile Indy with option -Ur.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 02:58:12 pm »
Older versions of Indy had duplicate include files that could cause problems when not compiled with -Ur.   Unifying them to a single set afaik also works.

MISV

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 06:13:01 pm »
I have now also duplicated the problem just by compiling my own package "PmisvLazarus" which contains my own unit "UmsivIndyWrappers" (which lists e.g. "idFTP" in its uses section) and hence requires package "indylaz". The error continues to be the same though.

Regarding the "-Ur" recommendation I have tried opening my "indylaz" package and find the settings in the compiler options. So far unsuccessful? I am using Lazarus 1.4.0 on OSX.

Cyrax

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 06:28:04 pm »
You need to add it in to Compiler options->Other->Custom options.

MISV

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 08:09:34 pm »
Thanks - found it! Did not solve the problem though :(

I have tried to first install my own package (otherwise Lazarus would try recompile it when recompiling/reinstalling Indy) first and then recompile/reinstall Indy with "-Ur".

However, when recompiling my own package still results in the same error message.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:33:18 am by MISV »

Cyrax

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 12:43:18 am »
You probably need to add -Ur to your package options, too.

MISV

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 01:57:56 pm »
I am now compiling and installing indylaz with
"-Ur"
added to
"Options" > "Package options" > "Add options to dependent packages and projects" - "Custom"
"Options" > "Compiler options" > "Custom options"

But is has not solved the problem :(

For reference, I have also :

- Added the above options to my own package PmisvLazarus (should I?) but no luck

- Manually checked the package file for errors like described here: http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?topic=27856.0

- Made sure to compile indy package multiple times before installing (I can see there has been problems in the past with checksum mismatch?)

- Tried to delete all .ppu files in the indylaz Lib/lib/i386-darwin/ folder before compiling something that requires/uses the package

- Tried to use "Cleanup and build" when compiling an application project  that requires+uses indylaz package

- Tried to study the help and can see "not find" can also mean Lazarus is not happy with the file it found: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Unit_not_found_-_How_to_find_units

The upside to all this is that I am learning more about Lazarus, but the downside is that I am out of ideas. Does anyone else here use Indy on OSX? :(

Note: I have aslo asked my question in the Indy thread here: http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,20782.0.html
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:19:57 pm by MISV »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018