Recent

Author Topic: Breakpoints work, but Step Into just "continues" without stepping (OS X Yosemite)  (Read 2440 times)

AlanCanon

I'm using Lazarus 1.4.0 with FPC 2.6.4 and ggdb 7.7.1 on OS X Yosemite. I'm using the recommended "Dwarf with sets" in my project debugging options.

I can set breakpoints, and they work just fine. But once the program hits a breakpoint, if I click "step into," the program continues blithely along, without stopping on the next step as I expect (unless I have explicitly set a breakpoint on the next line.)

How can I get "step into" to work properly?

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Does that happen with any code?

If the "stepped into" procedure is in the same unit, as the line the debugger is currently paused at, does it still happen?

Is that in code of your project, or in a package?

AlanCanon

I think the behavior might just be different than it is in XCode, which is what I'm used to.

I had the problem in the main PROGRAM unit when I tried to step into a toolbox call ('MoreMasters;' which probably isn't even necessary any more.)

When I tried to step into one of my own procedures, called in the main program but residing in another unit, it did successfully step into it, and with the expected behavior.

In XCode, if there's no source available for a call that you step into, it simply executes it and steps to the next line (as if one had used XCode's 'step over', instead. It's still jarring to think that I'll have to make sure I don't accidentally step into a toolbox call. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Thanks for the reply.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018