Recent

Author Topic: Sharing code  (Read 1274 times)

lucabertoncini

Sharing code
« on: May 03, 2015, 09:58:09 pm »
Hello to all Pascal developers!
I'm a freelancer, my clients, in these years, are asking me software solutions that can serve information to different application such as desktop, web and/or mobile. For this reason I've changed the way I approach the problems they have from a client / server structure to a modular “three-tier” model.
The base solution I've developed, is now the start point for every new application.
The basic idea has been to write a Httpd Apache Module that can answer to HTTP requests, so, to avoid writing an Apache Module from scratch every time, I wrote a little module called “fpcProxy” that receives an HTTP request, decodes it and finds the external library (listed in the file “HttpdProxyLibraries.dat”) which must elaborate the answer, then takes the answer and sends it back.
In the 7z file you will find a schema that illustrate the idea.

All requests and answers are a json data serialization.

Thanks to this code now I need only to develop the library that answers to the requests and I can forget the Apache interface.

I don't know if this code can be useful to someone else, I hope someone will find it interesting and will help me to improve it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018