Recent

Author Topic: 1.4.0 bug? imglist no longer converts delphi image lists correctly?  (Read 3828 times)

MISV

if I load my project file into lazarus that opens a dfm form with imagelist then:

In 1.2.6 the imagelist would be converted to lazarus format (and could no longer be read in Delphi forcing a separate lfm file)
In 1.4.0 the image content is no longer correctly converted? and I get errors when either running the project... or save-project/load-project clears all images. (However, in the inital conversion/loading the images are found in the imagelist)

I will try make a more detailed bug report / question, but just wanted to hear if anyone else experienced this?

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Do you use the Delphi converter or just load a Delphi form without conversion?
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

MISV

The latter - but it worked in the past. Beyond that issues, I have it almost perfectly opening Delphi forms without promting any errors and otherwise showing correctly.

(To do this, I sometimes wrap standard components, e.g. TmisvCheckBox or whatever and then declare/implement missing properties for FP/Lazarus)

Huge #win if doing cross-tool development :)

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
The latter - but it worked in the past. Beyond that issues, I have it almost perfectly opening Delphi forms without promting any errors and otherwise showing correctly.

Yes, I think this is a bug and should be reported with an example.

(To do this, I sometimes wrap standard components, e.g. TmisvCheckBox or whatever and then declare/implement missing properties for FP/Lazarus)
Huge #win if doing cross-tool development :)

Hmmm... you cannot use the original Delphi project as is, you must install those Tmisv... components also in Delphi and replace them in the project.
I believe it is worth the effort in some cases.
Do you want to maintain such a compat. library for lazarus? :)
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

MISV

I will try see if I can generate a better report than this - i.e. try figure out what exactly is causing the problem.

Yes, I install my "wrapper" components in both Delphi and Lazarus. Sometimes I may reimplement, but most of the incompabilities can be ignored, so I just make sure the values are kept. In Delphi they are then used and Lazarus can ignore them.

(In my case, I am also trying to get compability with components I made maybe 1-10 years ago that has increased features compared to Delphi, so I have a lot of extra "bloat" compared to what standard wrappers would have)

I can try see what I have and collect it.

Personally I think Lazarus is *extremely* close in having full dfm compability, so while the converter is of course important, cross-tool development is within reach if it was pursued. One problem that also existed in 1.2.6 was that imagelists was saved in Lazarus format even if read/streamed in as Delphi. I am not sure there is an easy fix though - it would take some studying and not just a quick look fix, so I understand why it is as it is. Just unfortunate. I may also take another stab at that some day :)

MISV

Okay, I have posted more here:

http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,28316.0.html

early code for a "TmisvImageList" and an attempt on streaming back to Delphi compatible DFM if the imagelist format was Delphi when loaded/read by Lazarus

TinyPortal © 2005-2018