Recent

Author Topic: Stance for hate mails and competing projects  (Read 57747 times)

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: Stance for hate mails and competing projects
« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2015, 01:27:34 am »
How did a valid complaint against the developer of CodeTyphon's fast and loose approach to the GPL and other licensing and attribution issues result in a demand for qdos to take down his own blog post, which happens to be on entirely different website, his own website if I might add?

A short comment from me although this is closing now...
The blog is on a different website, true, but it gave an impression that he represents FPC/Lazarus projects. And indeed that's what people thought. Questions and hate mails for developers were increasing. Often the message was that Lazarus developers are evil and want to kill competition. The situation was escalating quite rapidly.
Somebody had to write the project's stance, although I should not have done it. Martin would fit in the task better. I got some personal trouble by doing it ...
Anyway, all such hate mail stopped, it really was caused by that blog and a misunderstanding.
I will not go to the contents of the blog any more because this must stop, but vfclists (or anybody else) please send me a PM and I will explain you why it is not "a valid complaint".
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:39:18 am by JuhaManninen »
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018