Recent

Author Topic: Linux people, how many of you know what is Ubuntu?  (Read 11085 times)

typo

Re: Linux people, how many of you know what is Ubuntu?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2015, 05:54:10 pm »
Well, it is not a perpetual situation, it is done only until the statistics show that black people is not  inferiorized anymore.

Similar affirmative politics is done to women, disabled people and so on.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:55:44 pm by typo »

Graeme

• Graeme on the web
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2015, 05:54:52 pm »
All what you explain prove that racism is not the solution. Positive discrimination is racism too. And, of course, racism is not a particularity of white people.
I fully agree!
--
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

Graeme

• Graeme on the web
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2015, 05:59:03 pm »
Well, it is not a perpetual situation, it is done only until the statistics show that black people is not  inferiorized anymore.
And with the result of instant collapse of all basic infrastructure in South Africa, that took 250 years to build.

There had to have been a better way. They just chose the easy way out - again without any forward thinking.
--

typo

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2015, 06:03:50 pm »
And what would be this "better way"?

Proportional quotas are justice, not racism.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 06:11:32 pm by typo »

mig-31

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2015, 06:16:52 pm »
Hi,

I use Linux for a long time, but not Ubuntu or it clones, and till today I didn't know the meaning of Ubuntu.
Lazarus 2.2.6 - OpenSuse Leap 15.4, Mageia 8, CentOS 7

typo

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2015, 06:19:38 pm »
That's for the clever people to decide, but here are some of my thoughts:

White clever people, I suppose.

typo

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2015, 06:27:09 pm »
My mirror?

Not at all. I am not a black person.

typo

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2015, 06:34:00 pm »
And with the result of instant collapse of all basic infrastructure in South Africa, that took 250 years to build.

You have had 250 years to learn about black people's way of life. Why did you not do this? Do you think that this is intelligence?

Graeme

• Graeme on the web
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2015, 06:48:44 pm »
White clever people, I suppose.
NO, I said clever people. No reference to skin colour.
--

Graeme

• Graeme on the web
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2015, 06:51:16 pm »
This theory is extremely difficult to accept (for yourself) but once you have experiment it (first with other people and then with yourself), it is a gem.
Brilliant theory, I love it.
--

Septe

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2015, 06:51:42 pm »
This is my view:

There are no races in the human race.  Color of the skin is just color.  If we take a dump, we all stink.  We all bleed the same color if we are pricked.  We all can breed with each other with no problems of sterilization.  Yes, there's ignorant hatred based on the way we look like.  That's a problem we all need to work together on.

There's no such thing as whites, blacks, asians, pinks, purple, or oranges.  Just people.

Graeme

• Graeme on the web
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2015, 06:57:00 pm »
You have had 250 years to learn about...
Sorry, I have not lived that long. ;-) All I can say is that the Dutch, English and Portuguese founded South Africa long before I was born. They built infrastructure like churches, schools, farms, houses etc. I don't think there is any [or very few] countries in this world that doesn't have some turmoil from the past. But that adds to history (good or bad), and hopefully new generations learn from history.
--

Fred vS

• StrumPract is the musicians best friend
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2015, 07:04:41 pm »
About Human Colors.

The important is the color of what makes us humans => our heart, brain and palms of hand.

And for all of us =>
red is the color of our heart,
gray is the color of our brain,
white is the color of our palms of hand.
I use Lazarus 2.2.0 32/64 and FPC 3.2.2 32/64 on Debian 11 64 bit, Windows 10, Windows 7 32/64, Windows XP 32,  FreeBSD 64.
Widgetset: fpGUI, MSEgui, Win32, GTK2, Qt.

https://github.com/fredvs
https://gitlab.com/fredvs
https://codeberg.org/fredvs

hrayon

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2015, 07:17:32 pm »
Ubuntu-> Africa-> Racism, uhuh!
Part of my childhood and adolescence was in a deprived neighborhood. I was one of the few white child. But look, at the time, I and many of my friends of all colors did not give any importance to this. We played, and everything was going well. Met racism out of my neighborhood, the school, which was far away. Most were white, but until then, it did not matter to me. In fact, I did not even realized about it. One day, in physical education, a colleague walked over some obstacles, and I associated this picture to the king-kong. And mentioned this to another colleague next to us. What happened next? Well, this boy I associate the king-king, was black. And in particular, he came up to me and gave me a nice punch in the stomach. I never imagined that he would beat me, there was no malice in my comparison with the king-kong. After the punch, I realized that i had offended him. I learned that racism occurs when exalt stupid differences, we spend energy in this exaltation. If he was a friend of my neighborhood, don't care the character of the film, as well as oriental with slanted eyes was compared with the jaspion, or I was compared to Galician lemon... ...we didn't care about it...
I believe in meritocracy.

Ubuntu-> Africa-> Racismo, uhuh!
Parte da minha infância e adolescência foi em um bairro carente. Eu era uma das poucas crianças brancas. Mas olha, naquela época, eu e muitos dos meus amigos de todas as cores não dávamos qualquer importância a isso. Nós brincávamos, e tudo estava indo bem. Conheci o racismo fora do meu bairro, na escola, que era longe. A maioria era branca, mas até então, isso não importa para mim. Na verdade, eu nem sequer percebia isso. Um dia, na aula de educação física, um colega andou sobre alguns obstáculos, e eu associei essa imagem ao king-kong. E comentei isso com outro colega próximo a nós. O que aconteceu a seguir? Bem, esse menino que eu associei ao king-kong, era negro. E, em particular, ele veio até mim e me deu um belo soco no estômago. Eu nunca imaginei que ele iria me bater, não houve maldade na minha comparação com o king-kong. Após o soco, eu percebi que eu o tinha ofendido. Eu aprendi que o racismo ocorre quando exaltamos diferenças estúpidas, gastamos energia nessa exaltação. Se ele fosse um amigo de meu bairro, não se importaria com o personagem do filme, bem como o oriental com olhos puxados foi comparado com o Jaspion, ou eu era comparado com limão galego... nós não nos importávamos com isso ...
Eu acredito na meritocracia.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018