Recent

Author Topic: As to cross-compile on linux lazarus windows  (Read 4239 times)

obito02

As to cross-compile on linux lazarus windows
« on: April 21, 2015, 09:13:21 am »

i am new to the forum and then I decided to download the ide of lazarus all good, but I have a problem I'm doing a project that I need to run in linux, compile it from windows and run in linux saw a tutorial video on youtube but not working I did as it appears in the video, but it does not work, change the target OS for linux and throws me this error when trying to compile and ize several searches but do not understand how it works I would appreciate some help

This is the error
Code: [Select]
fcllaz.pas (0.0) Fatal: Can not find unit system used by fcllaz of package FCL.

howardpc

Re: As to cross-compile on linux lazarus windows
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 09:35:47 am »
Cross-compiling for linux from Windows is a particularly tricky journey, not at all straightforward for a someone who is not thoroughly familiar with compiling under these two very different OSs, and new to cross-compilers anyway.

It is far easier for a newcomer to install separate Lazarus IDEs which run without problems separately on the two OSs, and simply share (or copy) the source to produce the two compiled executables.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 04:39:11 pm »
Read the cross compiling wiki article, if you don't get it, you have to look for somebody to help you create a cross compiler. There's none available for win(what win? 32? 64? ce?) to lin (again, what lin? 32? 64?) due to diversity in linux world that generated binaries for one distro might not work on another.

obito02

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 06:58:57 pm »
watch friends and I appreciate having responded this was the video that I found ize the same but can not find the libraries that appear googling also says that qeu with codetyphon can hacdr a compilation cross windows to linux but can not find documentation that hope poderme help thanks and sorry but the truth Googlee and can not find a solution

Code: [Select]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT9fm0lQA7I

typo

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 10:02:47 pm »
You could install VirtualBox and Debian, it is not so hard. Then you use the same code to compile in both OSs.

Xirax

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 11:04:55 pm »
obtio you can get an alternative version of Lazarus from getlazarus.org .
As I saw it so musc easeir to cross compile with it.

parcel

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 03:41:18 am »
I guess fpc need library path or unit path in 'fpc.cfg'.

obito02

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 11:07:04 pm »
If thank you all but already I could compile the program for linux only have a problem applying esoy making uses indy server, I think that they know what to compile it but couldn't with lazarus so that use typhon, which is the same, was built was created the executable for linux the enquiry to a distro of linux in this case UBUNTU 12.04 but when you open the program opens it all good but when starting the server you osease the application automatically closes to be should this and thanks for your reply

TinyPortal © 2005-2018