Recent

Author Topic: Adjust Size loop.  (Read 2429 times)

taazz

Adjust Size loop.
« on: April 18, 2015, 02:42:33 pm »
OK I'm getting very annoyed with that problem and to top it all up I'm going to try to port toolbar97 in the near future and I do not want to go through the same problem again especially with the a toolbar component. So which methods do I need to override with empty ones to stop the default layout from working in my components. I want to through away everything lazarus specific and keep only borderspacing and the anchors.

If it is not possible to completely remove it what do I have to enable to make it stop propagating the resize outside its controls? If all else fails I'll simple drop any efforts to port anything more complex than a button until this is resolved.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

Blaazen

• POKE 54296,15
    • Eye-Candy Controls
Re: Adjust Size loop.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 02:56:13 pm »
Recently there was this problem with TControlBar, when both ControlBar and its child was Autosize=True and there was attempt to set child.Align to anything else than alNone or alCustom.

Current solution is to force all children to Align=alNone in each (overidden) Resize;.
Lazarus 2.3.0 (rev main-2_3-2863...) FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-linux-qt Chakra, Qt 4.8.7/5.13.2, Plasma 5.17.3
Lazarus 1.8.2 r57369 FPC 3.0.4 i386-win32-win32/win64 Wine 3.21

Try Eye-Candy Controls: https://sourceforge.net/projects/eccontrols/files/

taazz

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 03:14:47 pm »
Recently there was this problem with TControlBar, when both ControlBar and its child was Autosize=True and there was attempt to set child.Align to anything else than alNone or alCustom.

Current solution is to force all children to Align=alNone in each (overidden) Resize;.
I'll look in to the autosize property I haven't set it my self but I haven't checked the defaults either so you might have a point. Now that you mentioned the align property, if I remember correctly juha already commented in a thread about the coolbar that the alNone has the same "resize loop" problems and only alCustom does not create them but then again I might not remember correctly.

I need a TWincontrol based component that does not have any of the resize logic in it and I will build a brand new lcl based on it if I have to, thats how much annoyed I am at this point. 

Thank you for the pointers.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

howardpc

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 04:23:52 pm »
I have sometimes found it beneficial to wrap sizing and layout routines between calls to TControl's
Code: [Select]
DisableAutoSizing;
EnableAutoSizing;

TWinControl also offers DisableAlign and EnableAlign. I think these are provided mainly for optimization, but they can also be used to turn off unwanted 'auto' resize-related effects for whole chunks of code.

taazz

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 06:09:45 pm »
thanks howard although I was aware of those didn't use them for some reason although they did not help in this case, its always good to be reminded of my choices.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018