Recent

Author Topic: submitting units  (Read 4080 times)

Schala

submitting units
« on: April 17, 2015, 01:57:35 pm »
I was wondering if there was a way to submit units I made to a sort of component repository? It isn't for Lazarus but rather FCL-Image extras (support for more image formats). I don't know whether or not the FCL subversion admins want code for extra format support for FCL-Image. If not, I'd like to know where I can make my code available? I have it on Github at the moment but that's the extent.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: submitting units
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 08:38:41 pm »
If it's an enhancement, then it belongs to the core source. Create a report in the bugtracker attaching patch to the trunk (as new as possible expected) you're enhancing.

Schala

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 12:17:25 am »
I see. Does it count if it's a format that's more or less gone the way of the dodo? That is to say, the format I made support for is for the PlayStation 1 texture format.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 02:52:08 am »
I see. Does it count if it's a format that's more or less gone the way of the dodo? That is to say, the format I made support for is for the PlayStation 1 texture format.

You do realize that in trunk there is work done on 16-bit Dos and Amiga? We are used to dodos.

Schala

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 03:32:05 am »
You do realize that in trunk there is work done on 16-bit Dos and Amiga? We are used to dodos.

Fair enough. 16 BPP images are fine, but the 4/8 BPP images are being read incorrectly, and 24 BPP seems to have some anomalies according to the specs I've been reading:

http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/PSX/TIM_file

My current code is licensed under GPL3 and can be found at https://github.com/Schala/fpc-units/blob/master/fcl-image/fpreadtim.pas though I will be changing it to a more suitable license if it's to be accepted into trunk.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 02:14:52 pm »
Note that fcl-image is also supposed to work on big endian machines.

Submit a bugticket to get sb knowledgable about fcl-image to look at it.

Schala

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 12:40:26 am »
I figured as much, hence the LEtoN function calls for almost every multibyte read from the stream.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018