Recent

Author Topic: FastReport 5  (Read 9701 times)

Groffy

FastReport 5
« on: April 17, 2015, 12:29:32 pm »
Hello,

in the meantime FastReport 5 with a Lazarus port came out. Anybody here who has a licence for that? From my experiences with FastReport during the last years I'm not willing to pay a 199$ upgrade licence to find out how the Lazarus port is working, or which new features from FR5 VCL are in it. Any experience already here?

Best regards - Ulrich
Linux Mint / Windows 10 / Lazarus 3.0.0 / trunk -qt

ps

• CSS
Re: FastReport 5
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 09:02:00 pm »
I can test it, but it's working only with QT.
Small simple CSS/box model implementation: https://github.com/pst2d/csscontrols/tree/dev

Luc

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 10:58:42 pm »
Hello,

I have a licence for FR5.3 and have started to use it in one of my projects.

Not all fonctionalities are available yet: export filters are still missing and report designer needs some improvement but the FastReport team is very responsive to bug reports and they are doing a great job to have the bugs corrected.

They plan to include the export filters in the next minor update 5.3.x.

I think it is important for Lazarus' future that some companies start being interested in the development of components to level with other IDE.

Best regards
Luc

Win 11 ARM (Running in Parallel VM - Mac OSX) - Lazarus 2.2.6 - i386-win32/win64

Groffy

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 10:52:54 am »
Hello Luc,

thanks for sharing your experience. You are running FR5.x under Ubuntu with a gtk2 based desktop? Is the report designer and the report preview available as separate components? What about the report scripting editor and the dialog forms? Are they fully implemented? Can you pls provide a screenshot from the FR5.x components palette visible in the Lazarus IDE?

With best regards - Ulrich

Luc

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 02:42:01 pm »
I 'm running FR5.3 with Lazarus 1.4RC3 r48629 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64 so I can't tell for ubuntu/gtk2.

You'll find two screenshots of the components toolbar.

The designer is not a stand alone component, but you can use it at runtime and designtime. At designtime, embeding the designer in a frame or a sub-form is not fully supported so you will have to use a modal form.

The preview is getting better and is quite usable now. You can embed previews in tabsheets, panels... controls.

Script editor is also almost done. the FR team fixed a bug with the code completion window last week. 

Forms editor got some fixes last week too but there are still some annoying bugs with form resizing, etc...

The FR scripts are running but I didn't test it enough to tell if everything is ok (I usually run the scripts directly in FPC/lazarus via report events handlers -> this work).

So my advice would be to wait a little if you want a full featured and bug free reporting tool or to use the current version and send feedback to the FR team in order to get some features implemented or bug fixes.

I guess they will be willing to quickly  improve Lazarus support in they receive a lot of feedback from Lazarus users.

Best regards
Luc

Win 11 ARM (Running in Parallel VM - Mac OSX) - Lazarus 2.2.6 - i386-win32/win64

clxer

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 05:58:36 am »
i can't compile fr5.2.3 with source code in windows7 lazarus 1.2.6 fpc2.6.4
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 06:00:27 am by clxer »

Groffy

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 08:29:53 am »
@Luc

because of your footer, I thought you are running Lazarus under Ubuntu as well. From what you are describing the FR5.x version seems to be very much like the FR 4.x version. Because I wanted to use the same widgetset under Windows and Linux, I started to use Lazarus with FR4.x under windows against qt like I do it under Linus Mint - KDE. For example the script editor is not working properly under Windows (qt) - its working under Linux (qt) - except code completion.

Even though the licence prices are acceptable, the support was always a problem for me. Well, since I moved to c# at work and doing the delphi/Lazarus currently only in my spare time, I can live with it. Thank you very much for your report.

Best regards - Ulrich

Groffy

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 01:29:11 pm »
@clxer

A little more informations would be useful. On which platform do you try to compile, which error message in which unit do you get?

Regards- Ulrich

clxer

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 04:52:40 pm »
it compile some error such as

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 04:55:20 pm »
it compile some error such as

What compiler version is that ?

ps

• CSS
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 09:44:48 pm »
... maybe cracked ...
Small simple CSS/box model implementation: https://github.com/pst2d/csscontrols/tree/dev

clxer

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 02:13:29 am »
... maybe cracked ...
:D :D 5.2.3 full source

TinyPortal © 2005-2018